GH3: Can't beat Bosses

player911m

WiiChat Member
Oct 25, 2007
Hey guys, what gives?

I've been hammering the first boss on the wii with no success. I whoop his tail all the way to the end. I'll have full meter and he'll have 1/3 - 1/2. Then at the last minute he'll rock a solo and instantly suck all my meter down. Even if I use a powerup to mess up his solo it still gets me.

What is the final secret to beating the bosses? I've had 9 people getting mad at the game trying to beat it (and they are old school GH players).

It just makes me mad when I can pretty much play the entire set without missing a beat, and end up dying regardless.

We ended up having to forfeit and move on then my sister beat Jack Black (without knowing how) but can't beat no one else.

Whats the secret?

use your powerups one at a time when the boss has a lot of notes on his screen... the more notes he misses the quicker his meter will go down and he'll fail

Jack Black

Yes there is.

You battle Jack Black as one of the bosses. He's singing one of his songs like "Beware of the Metal" or something crazy. I couldn't play it because I was laughing so hard.

I have the song because she beat him and can replay it.

As for beating the bosses, yea I've done this. My meter would be on full and the boss's would be half way or less. Then he does this Death move or something and drains my meter. Its very frustrating.

there's 3 bosses

1st boss: Tom Morello
2nd boss: Slash
3rd boss: Lou(the devil)

the song you battle Lou is "The Devil Went Down to Georgia"
the other 2 have made there own solos for the game

and some tips are save up 3 powers and when he's doing is thing at the end hit'em with all three

Last edited:
Alright. I beat every difficulty in GH3 so take advice from me. The bosses aren't hard. Collect power ups and use them when the boss has a lot of notes on the screen. If you have one power up and he has little notes do not use it. Hold it until its time.

How i beat them was similar but different. I kept three power ups and when the boss came to their solo or whatever i used all three at intervals of about 7 seconds roughly.

The best way to defeat them. Is to use your power up right before they get theres. that way they never get to use them on you. Also use them on the sections with lots of notes. They will lose quickly

Save up three power ups. I save a difficulty up one, and then two other ones like a whammy bar or the amp overload and then use all three of them when he has a solo or at the very end. Works everytime.-

Tenacious D

Tenacious D was the band, which is jack black.

Last edited:
Yah the song "The Metal" is by Tenacious D (Jack Black) but i highly doubt he was a boss.
There are only three bosses
1st boss: Tom Morello
2nd boss: Slash
3rd boss: Lou
like TDOG7 said.

No Jack Black

It's imperative to use a whammy at a spot with more notes, the more he misses the quick he goes down.

Back