Goldeneye hate about something topic

KingShadow

One who walks silently
Sep 14, 2011
The town of hustlers
Wii Online Code
5956-9920-1208-0060
Ok now I know a lot of GE players are beast but I have one thing to say...

Who would use a Masterton in other places like the docks (hero mode doesn't count). If you had to use that shotty to win what kind of player our you? Besides a loser (no offence to anyone who uses it.) Also to all the level 56 players..really using a grenade launcher in every battle..smh.

Why has it come to this...

What do you hate about.

I hate it when players use the masterton to destroy the blackbox right when the game starts. Players like that don't even give other players a chance. Back when i had my 56 account I barely ever used my masty always went with a drumhead when i needed a shotgun.

Well, when the last 6 or 7 deaths for me are from proxies that kind of gets to me a bit, also the masterton in black box is why I don't play that mode. Lets see, oh yeah, when no one heroes in heroes even if they are over 40 points ahead or the people who would suicide rather than let the other team get a hero kill. Getting spawn killed a few times in a row also gets a little hate.
As for the grenade launcher, I'm ok with it as long as it's not their primary means of getting kills.

Also i hate it when 4 or 5 level 56's end up in the same lobby, the game turns into hell for everyone cuz of all the proxies lying around the place. And i really hate it when 56'ers(not hating on the clan just in general) stick proxies near the weapons they've dropped.

I despise mastying, proxying, toobing, and host quitting. Although I'm a bit of a hypocrite and I will host quit on masty proxers.

OK, I NEED to chime in here...I think this thread is just an excuse for you guys to starting pissing at the world...slow your roll! Not one thing anyone has mentioned above me so far is "illegal" in the game, nor is any of it a form of cheating or hacking, at least as far as the game design is concerned...Now then...

1) Yes, using the masterton to destroy the blackbox is unsportsmanlike, pure and simple. It isn't illegal, but it should be.

2) When one team doesn't hero, and thus robs the other team of a win they should've gotten, that is crap, pure and simple.

3) IMHO, you can't hate on a "lobby full of 56ers using their proxy loadouts." We earned it. They are part of the game. Anyone getting to level 53 has the option (and privilege) of using them as they see fit. Do I use them all the time? No. However, if they are being used in the match anyway, why handicap yourself against a strong field simply because a couple people in the match don't have them??? The game is predicated on killing the other players - not being nice! And like the old saying in football goes, if you don't like how the other team's offense is playing, do something about it!" I can't remember the last time I have heard someone say that they use the "mine sweeper" gadget, which btw works VERY well... Also, a crap-load of proxies can make for an amusing match. I think it is fun to be in a match with high level people where the victor isn't always running away with it at 30-2, even if it isn't me...those types of matches tend to be close ones for whoever pulls out the win, and well-earned at that!

4) With the exception of destroying the blackbox, using the masterton is not cheap. Sure, it is a strong advantage in close quarters, but just like the other weapons, also has its weaknesses - lack of range, long reloading time, no silencing, and goes through ammo quickly. Archives is usually the only level I'll pull this out, and usually only if someone else is using it. Again, if you get to level 52, you earned it. Also - most good players will agree that the masterton in and of itself is not necessarily a huge advantage, as dancing / hip firing with a strata or ivana can be even more effective if you are good at it. IMHO - the masty is only highly effective against players who don't know how to move efficiently. Enjoy the game.

5) Noob tubing is cheap unless you unlocked the grenade launcher the good old fashioned way. And even then, you only get 2 shots to begin with!

6) Host quitting is a crime punishable by death, or at least it should be...unless someone is hacking, or you have medical and/or fire emergency at home... 'nough said.

Amen.

Tampa, I agree with you on several points, however, I must adress a few:

1) Proximity mines -
A)The most common justification for proxies (and your reasoning in this case) is that proxy users have earned them. With the abundance of hackers and boosters in this game, most proxy users didn't actually earn the proxies. This can be easily seen when they abuse proxies by throwing them out like confetti, then sitting in a corner.
B) Another part of your reasoning would be that this game is solely based on killing. Well if that's the case, what's to prevent me from hacking for god mode to kill people? That's just playing to the intent of the game, amirite?
C) I've actually found that a crap ton of proxies makes the game less fun - less gun on gun action makes then game seem like Call of Duty.

2) Mastying -
A) Once again, not everybody has earned them
B) "Moving efficiently" is only slightly effective against a Masterton, mainly because it can be sprayed, and with such damage and RoF, it's almost a guaranteed kill at close to mid range.

So TL;DR - I like debating.

Last edited:
1.Well, what i dislike the most is the lag, especially the lag you get by hosting.
I find is so annoying that i barely host myself, leaving me at the hands of a plethora of hostquitters.
2. Added to that, the fact that there are no host servers.
3. a minor point which i was saddened by when the game first came out. Not being able to dual wield pistols.

4) With the exception of destroying the blackbox, using the masterton is not cheap. Sure, it is a strong advantage in close quarters, but just like the other weapons, also has its weaknesses - lack of range, long reloading time, no silencing, and goes through ammo quickly. Archives is usually the only level I'll pull this out, and usually only if someone else is using it. Again, if you get to level 52, you earned it. Also - most good players will agree that the masterton in and of itself is not necessarily a huge advantage, as dancing / hip firing with a strata or ivana can be even more effective if you are good at it. IMHO - the masty is only highly effective against players who don't know how to move efficiently. Enjoy the game.
What about the people that don't have a strata yet? And if some one uses a masterton in a blackbox match where no one else has one i have no problem picking up said masty and ripping into the blackbox, afterall it was their fault for bringing it out.

Kevin - Your points are well-taken. I just want to re-iterate, however, that everything I was talking about above involved "legal" things in the game. IMHO, hacking is purely wrong in any competitive gaming format. I agree that weapons & unlocks gained from hacking are also wrong. It is unfortunate that the game is easy to hack, and that it has fallen prey to a lot of poor sports. Though it may be true that there are people out there using weapons they haven't earned, this still doesn't detract from the rights of those that HAVE earned them the good old fashioned way. I do feel for any "honest but not yet 56 player" that could be in a situation of being out-gunned by someone that doesn't deserve it. However, I have observed that those same people typically don't use the guns as well, and they don't stick around for nearly as long as the honest folks do. Case in point: I was playing a conflict match in Nightclub earlier with 2 other "56ers." I won the match 30-6. The other 2 "56ers" finished 19-11 and 17-15, one using a masty and the other an ivana. A level 23 finished in second ahead of both of them, and still with a 2:1 kdr... In the LONG term, veteran skills will always TRUMP rookie cheaters...

Xplo - "What about people that don't have a strata yet?" Kill me and you can have mine! I know you can do it! haha Seriously though...that is the whole point of "leveling up" in the first place...to unlock better weapons. Besides, I've played with you. You are better with a terralite than most people are with a strata anyway. :thumbsup: Glad you are E7!

And i really hate it when 56'ers(not hating on the clan just in general) stick proxies near the weapons they've dropped.

That is devious... :lol: Valid strategy IMO. Deny newbies your weapons, they're even less likely to contest your win.

C) I've actually found that a crap ton of proxies makes the game less fun - less gun on gun action makes then game seem like Call of Duty.

ohai claymore central

'Sides the fact that CoD is mostly gunplay (less ya don't count those bloody overpowered Killstreaks, understandably), I agree completely. Instakill traps like mines, proxies, claymores, etc. definitely take away from any shooter if said mines don't do anythin' besides area denial when you're sniping with ya backed turned. You can throw 'em where-ever and get a free kill. Gettin' an amazing kill streak randomly ended 'cause of a bomb 'round the corner is losing said streak through sheer bad luck alone, not skill. Makes for some salty deaths... Salty deaths ain't no fun.

For balancing purposes, none of these "stick 'em and wait" charges should be a one-shot kill. This means you have to risk findin' the time to place 'em in high-traffic areas, since you won't get a kill unless someone who's been shot walks over it. Placed in a more random area, if someone steps on it at full health, you wasted a proxy and possibly gave someone ELSE a kill. This would require a sniper to need some extra awareness 'n skill for proper proxy defense too, as you'd need to keep your ears peeled for a proxy explosion to whip around 'n finish off your injured prey.

... That, or give every game with said insta-kill traps an ability like "Flak Jacket", a CoD perk which reduces explosives damage by 50%. Gotta sacrifice a perk slot for it, but tripwire explosives literally become no more than a meager nuisance. Take cover, recover that health, 'n be on your way. No streaks cock blocked or nothin'.

What about the people that don't have a strata yet?

They're ****ed. :lol:

When playing with randoms, the golden rule is to always assume anyone or everyone is better than you 'till you're an expert, as well as that everyone has better weaponry 'n tools to aid their victory. Hence playing with randoms; everythin' is random. You're up against the odds of a unique metagame where there's no such thing as a fair win or earned loss, there's just winnin' and losin'. There's no such thing as honor in random matches. You can play as such to get respect points from friends, but randoms are randoms in the end. Most don't care 'bout all that. That, or they don't even realize you're intentionally playin' with honor and respect in mind.

In short, complainin' over weapon unlocks is pointless. As Tamps mentioned, it's the point of a leveling system lol.

1.Well, what i dislike the most is the lag, especially the lag you get by hosting.

OHHH MYYY GODDD....IMHO, this is now the truest statement on Wiichat! Get this:

I *JUST RIGHT NOW* lost my first conflict game today, and I've been playing a LOT... I've been on a rampage like I haven't been for a while! 32 conflict wins in a row (a new record for me - formerly 31 wins in a row). I **** you not. And go fig, the game selected me to host, and of all levels, on Memorial. I finished 2nd by 2 kills, and was spawn killed BEFORE I even came to life like 5 times! As soon as I spawned, the "you were eliminated by" message was already on the damn screen. Is it just me, or is that level usually the WORST when it comes to lagging?! ...and 2x as bad if you are host...Wow...well at least I got that 32nd win in before I got streak-lagged. ****... at least I got a new record win streak by 1...urgh

And sure, I could've host quit, extended the streak, and not been all that upset about it, but I knew that would be the wrong thing to do for everyone else in the game.

AND TO ADD ONE MORE THING TO THE LIST - There's nothing more annoying than the sore loser host that quits right as the score board comes up, causing the infamous wii freeze with a beep...

Last edited:
Wow a 32 streak is certainly impressive, even more so since you play a lot of conflict!

Just a few days ago, playing some heroes on outpost. I was once again the captain of the noob squad against a level 56, he was probably boosted cuz he really sucked, i killed him and grabbed his ivana. Reached my previous record of 36 kills in a game then as I went around the crashed jet, boom, in a puff of smoke there goes my new kill-streak. I went on to win the game and the 56er quit right before the match ended.

Moral of the story: Losing your streaks suck, especially when it's by something completely unrelated to your skill.

Since you brought it up, what's with people quitting right before the end of a match?! I mean seriously...if you are gonna lose, take it like a man! And don't give me that "Oh my wii froze crap..." We all know it only freezes when you are winning mid-game by more than 5 points, about to win, or when the scoreboard comes up! I lose respect for players that do this, and I have seen a LOT of good players do this lately...hmmm Exit out or turn off your wii in-lobby, not in-game!

I'd say the only time it's ok to host quit is you have some problem IRL or if you're getting some terrible lag, like unplayable lag. The kind where people are quitting your lobby cuz of the lag.

Back