Hard drive questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjeepdrv

WiiChat Member
Dec 5, 2006
I downloaded Crank in HD for my 360. I want to play it at a friends house who also has one. I'm guessing I have to take my console over there, but could I just take my hard drive and swap out with his?

Also, is there a way to save MP3's from an MP3 player to the hard drive? I've got a few songs ripped and I stream from my pc, but I'd like to be able to save from my pc or mp3 player if at all possible.

im not sure about the movie but the only way to get songs on your HDD is to rip it from a CD. also you do know that movies auto delete after 48 hrs right?

elmo_999 said:
i'm not a 360 owner but i know you can put Crank on a memory card and take it over
4 gig memory cards dont exsist lol

I think I read you can keep the movie for like 15 days, but once you play it the first time you have like 24 hours to watch it as many times as you want before it expires. I haven't watched it yet, but I hope that's right, I'm not waiting for it to download again, lol.

Mitch2025 said:
im not sure about the movie but the only way to get songs on your HDD is to rip it from a CD. also you do know that movies auto delete after 48 hrs right?

4 gig memory cards dont exsist lol
what is crank? its 4 gb? i thought he meant crackdown which is 1gb but idkk

but yes you cna take your harddrive over and swap it and take control of his 360 as if it was yours! :yikes:

ive never taken off my harddrive or faceplate yet though because i dont know how to properly, but i think on the harddrive there is a slidy button or something

yes i believe you could, i took my hard drive to my friends house and had everything on it. To remove look were it says HDD, now look to the front were the ventilation holes start theres is a button that is like a circle(not a perfect circle), just press that and pull your hard drive up.

Sovieto said:

but yes you cna take your harddrive over and swap it and take control of his 360 as if it was yours! :yikes:

ive never taken off my harddrive or faceplate yet though because i dont know how to properly, but i think on the harddrive there is a slidy button or something

cranks a movie dumbtard :sick:

For songs if you download that Zune music player you can stream all your songs on your computer to your 360 without taking up any HDD space.

I took my console over there and we first swapped hard drives. Everything on my XBox swapped over to his once I selected my profile as if it were my own. When I went to play the movie, it said something about the console not being the one it was downloaded to. I put it back in mine and plugged it up and it worked. It seemed that everything will swap from one XBox to another EXCEPT downloaded movies.

Sovieto said:

For the HDD, there is a little button more to the front of the console that you push and you just pull the HDD up. For the faceplate, I just pulled it off. I hope there weren't anything you had to push. It still seems good though.

read the sticky home brew stuff aint allowed.

Also dont bump up a thread this old

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back