Height

navarre

Proud Protestant
Jan 26, 2008
Landan, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northe
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
Yo.

Let me explain. I am sixteen years old and I am 5'6" tall. However, over the past few months, I have become very self conscious about my height. Every time I go out and pass people (especially girls) taller than me, it gets me down. If I turn on the news, it disheartens me to see soldiers and police and the like, because I know I am not as tall as them. Most boys I know are slightly taller than me (about 5'7"-5'11"), although most girls I know are smaller then me- but only just, at around an inch or two. I've never felt small, but I do now. And with that comes a sense of worthlessness, of not being a 'complete' human being. It always annoys me when I see girls my age taller than me. I know men don't stop growing until their 21 (and if I grow an inch a year, I may be six foot by the time I stop, which would be ideal but unlikely), but it does get to me sometimes.

SO:

How tall are you?
Any tips/advice to me to help me grow or make me feel better?

Thanks.

Ok wierd topic just over a year ago i was looking at this but who cares its mainly genetic theres a list somewhere on the net about race defining height

Pfft, try being 5'6'' at 23 years old. Most high school boys are taller than me!

And that is what I'm talking about. It's not dwarf height, and certainly nothing to phone home about, but I'd say around 80% of boys in my year are taller than me. There's still hope for me, I'm not a lost cause, but it is frustrating to say the least. Especially if on of your mates is a 6'3" black geezer (although he's a year older than me, I doubt I'll be six foot when I'm seventeen).

I am 5'11" and have been since I was like 17 (I'm 24 now). Being average height, I can't really relate to your situation, but you aren't even that short. Sure, some girls like really tall guys, which seems to be one of your concerns, but not all of them do. Height isn't that big of a deal IMO and you're still young and could grow some more anyways. You'll be just fine. :)

Yo.

Let me explain. I am sixteen years old and I am 5'6" tall. However, over the past few months, I have become very self conscious about my height. Every time I go out and pass people (especially girls) taller than me, it gets me down. If I turn on the news, it disheartens me to see soldiers and police and the like, because I know I am not as tall as them. Most boys I know are slightly taller than me (about 5'7"-5'11"), although most girls I know are smaller then me- but only just, at around an inch or two. I've never felt small, but I do now. And with that comes a sense of worthlessness, of not being a 'complete' human being. It always annoys me when I see girls my age taller than me. I know men don't stop growing until their 21 (and if I grow an inch a year, I may be six foot by the time I stop, which would be ideal but unlikely), but it does get to me sometimes.

SO:

How tall are you?
Any tips/advice to me to help me grow or make me feel better?

Thanks.

To be honest, this is where I stopped seeing your situation as anything remotely serious.

Your emotions are normal and you are going to keep growing. And if you are worried about girls, you are going to outgrow most of them anyway. Finally, height does not associate to status for most people as much as you may believe.

My advice to you is to stop worrying about it.

Last edited:
Yeah man, don't let it get to you. I'm 6'2" at 16, and neither of us have stopped getting taller yet! Don't get your spirits down, things will only go up from here (pun intended).

Pfft, try being 5'6'' at 23 years old. Most high school boys are taller than me!
And that is what I'm talking about. It's not dwarf height, and certainly nothing to phone home about, but I'd say around 80% of boys in my year are taller than me. There's still hope for me, I'm not a lost cause, but it is frustrating to say the least. Especially if on of your mates is a 6'3" black geezer (although he's a year older than me, I doubt I'll be six foot when I'm seventeen).
Don't let it get to you. It's never been an issue for me (heck, it's an advantage if you're in a place with a low ceiling :lol:). Besides, like you said, you could still grow in the next few years.

I'm 5'11 and a half or so. Just around there. I turned 15 in October.

Don't let it get to you. You have 5 years or so to grow some more. If it makes you feel any better, I'm gonna go bald. My two grandpas and my dad are losing hair. My bio teacher said that sorta thing is really likely for me if I see it in my immediate family.

6'2 at 17 years old.

Just make up for it by being a good person etc.
And, be long where it matters. ;)

Don't let it get to you Navarre. As others have said, you're still young and have years left to grow. If anything, I should be worrying standing at 5'4 at the age of 18! haha.

Back