Help! My VC Game Won't Download. (repost)

Bloodz

WiiChat Member
Dec 31, 2007
Yesterday, I purchased Mario Kart 64 for VC and proceeded to download it. Unfortunately, part way throught the download a #204038 Transaction Failure Error occured. I redownloaded it a couple more times to get the same result sometimes close to the start, sometimes near the end of the download. I continued trying to download today with no luck, then I even moved my router closer to the Wii, but it did not work. I have probably attempted to download Mario Kart 64 at least 20 times. I do not know what the problem is. I already successfully downloaded Sonic The Hedgehog 2 a couple weeks earlier. Could the problem be a result of the nintendo servers being down? (The wii.nintendo.com site does not work.. it says SERVER ERROR).

Please help me troubleshoot.

(mighta posted it in the wrong section b4)

yeah it sounds like either the server is down or the file is corrupt or something. do you have any corrupt data in your wii system memory that could be part of the MK64 file that never finished? try going into data and looking for a block with a question mark. this is usually corrupt data and if you delete it it might help. if not the servers are probably down from so many people getting points cards for xmas.

Back