Help please! What would you buy for 350$

nettys6

WiiChat Member
Dec 8, 2007
Need some advice. My kids bought their own wii this summer. we have wii play and sports. also monkey ball and super mario party 8 . 2 wii remotes and 1 numbchuck.

want to spend $350 on wii stuff for christmas. What would be the best use of that amount. (kids are all boys. 12, 9, 6 ).

I know I want 4 remotes.... should i get numbchucks too?
How do you like the battery rechargers? what ones are the best? Do they work with skins?
Do you like the remote skins?
And what are the best games!!!!
(by the way we have our wii online if that makes a difference on what games are best.)
Are there any games that you can play online against other people?
Are Harry potter and pokemon revolution good games?

Thanks so much!!!!!!

Additional Nunchucks arent really necessary since most 4P games dont require them(i.e Wii Tennis) Probably recommend getting one more numchuck for the second Wii Remote you have

The charge station I got is the Wii Dual Charge Station and it works great. Definate pickup imo.
Some games that are a must have would be.. Zelda: Twilight Princess, Medal of Honor 2: Heroes, Super Mario Galaxy(Great Game) and Mario Strikers Charged(This one is online)

I dont know about Harry Potter but Pokemon Revolution was pretty much a waste of 50 bucks for me -_- Not much to do in the game unless you have the DS Pokemon games

Last edited:
Guitar Hero III for any console is awesome for multiple people and online. I don't have a Wii but from what I know it's pretty much the same, it's not cheap but it's a must have for anyone. However not cheap especially for an extra guitar.

So then buy the 2 more Wii Remotes ($80) and the 3 Nunchucks ($60). Now for games, I suggest:

-The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
-Super Mario Galaxy
-Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
-Battalion Wars II (online)

That leaves you with $10. With that you could purchase Wii Points and downlaod VC (Virtual Console) games.

EDIT: The above does not include tax.

Last edited:
-4 nunchucks are never needed in any game so far. You'll just need the extra Wiimotes, not the extra nunchucks.

-I would strongly suggest Super Mario Galaxy.

-I have heard good things about Harry Potter 5, and my brother is planning on getting it for Christmas.

-Like D1nner said, Pokemon Revolution is really only worth it if you have the Pokemon games on the DS.

-Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess would definitly be a good choice.

-I'm not positive if all the charge stations work with skins.

-For online games, get Medal of Honor Heroes 2 (rated T), Mario Strikers Charged, or Battalion Wars 2 (rated T).

Last edited:
All right..

If you want 4 wiimotes, I definitely advise 4 nunchuks.

So, that's $140. $210 left for games.

Now, did your kids directly ask you for Pokemon and Harry Potter? Because, all though the games aren't great, they'll be heavily disappointed if they don't get them.

You've got a great online game that your kids will enjoy in Super Mario Strikers Charged. It's rated E10, which means for kids ten and up, but it's only rated that way because the characters headbutt each other and an occasional electrocution (Nothing serious) I think 9 and 6 year olds could easily handle it. Pokemon is also online.

So, if you get Pokemon, Harry Potter, and Strikers, that would leave $60. And with that money, you have to get what may be the best Mario game ever in Super Mario Galaxy. Your Kids will love it.

Recap:
2 wiimotes
3 nunchucks
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Pokemon Battle Revolution
Mario Strikers: Charged
Super Mario Galaxy

P.S. MoH:H2, and Battalion wars 2, some of the games advised above me, are rated T, along with GH3, which you might not want your kid playing. Just a heads up.

The games I would recommend for your kids include:

-Super Mario Galaxy (A definate get)

-Mario Party 8 (A good multiplayer game to get all the kids included, though the 6 year old may have trouble grasping some mini games/concepts)

I would recommend Zelda, but it could be a little to challenging. Your 12 year old will probably find some enjoyment in it though.

With those games above you will only need one Nunchuck, you may want to pick up another for Wii Boxing though.

Harry Potter is a decent game. It uses the controls fairly well and Hogwarts is put together very nicely, it's definately atleast worth a rent if your kids are fans of the series.

Last edited:
Personally I would skip the charger, save some money for some batteries, buy a big pack of em' or something.

But get two more Wiimotes and 3 nunchucks, it'll make for good gaming later on.

Games to consider are:
Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Paper Mario
Mario Strikers Charged

Accessories:

- 2 more Wii Motes
- Three Nun-Chucks
- Wii Points Card: To purchase VC Games

Game Ideas:

- Super Mario Galaxy
- Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
- Mario Strikers Charged
- Battilion Wars II
- Super Paper Mario
-

Eagles said:
Actually Nintendo calls in the Nunchuck not Nun-chuck :p
Hey, at least he didnt call them nunchakos (ive heard them called this before)

JAKE196 said:
Nun-chucks ppl, Nun-chucks
THANK YOU! biggest pet peve of mine is the misspelling of the word nunchuck. lol

anyways, the nyko charge station for sure, goes for 35 bucks i think, i had one when i had my wii and it was the best thing ever!

Harry potter, i rented this game and it was decent enough to buy if youve got younger kids. i wouldnt particularly recomend it but i wouldnt turn u away from it either.

pokemon battle revolution, dont bother.

do get the extra remotes, and maybe an extra charge station because they usually only have 2 sets of batteries.

I'm here to help buddy!
First off, 2 wiimote controllers would cost about 80$, since each remote is 40. The skins are all the same price, no matter what color, and are about 10$ For wii mote+nunchuck skins.
Also, for each wiimote, you need a nunchuck attachment. Almost all games need those. Those are about 20$, x3 is 60$. That's already 180$. only 170$ left. Now, there are wiimote chargers, which are about 30$ for a charger you can charge 2 at once,which is a better deal. I am not quite sure about charging with skins on, but unless the creators are incredibly stupid, I think you can charge them with the skins on.
Depending on what your kids like, there are different games. I seriously doubt your young children are into violent shoot-em-ups, so I am going to tell you about some good ol' fun games.
But first, Harry Potter=BAD. I have played this game, and I was very disappointed. It is actually very boring, and I would not recommend this even to a Harry Potter fan. But if you must know, rent it at your nearest Blockbuster to see how you like it. the price is 40$.
Pokemon: Battle Revolution is not that fun if you rent it since it is an RPG. (role playing game.) Although it is a fun game, it is slightly confusing and did not get very good reviews from many companies such as Game informer and Gamespot. But I would still buy it, since I loved Pokemon Diamond and Emerald. The price is 50$.
Some other great games for your sons to play might be(depending on what they like)
Super Mario Galaxy is a perfect game for all ages, but may be a bit challenging for your 6 year old. Price is 50$
Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess is in my opinion the best ever created. It won game of the year with a 10/10 from Game Informer magazine, and I think your kids will love it with its simple, yet very well planned controls and amazing graphics and story. Price is 50$.
Wario Ware: Smooth Moves is a great game filled with hundreds of fun minigames you can have fun with for hours. A 2 year old dog could figure it out, a very fun and interactive game the whole family can play and have fun with. I think this is the best game for your kids. Price is 50$.
Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock is a fun way for your kids to become rockstars without learning a real guitar! In my opinion the best one yet, the song list is the best yet. Although not the best graphics, your kids will have to concentrate hard and rock out with your mighty axe of power. With a brand new multiplayer mode, the family can try to wipe the floor with each other if you buy 2 guitars, although an additional guitar is very hard to find. Price is 90$, coming with the game and plastic guitar, guitar strap, and stickers. I couldn't find a price for an additional guitar price. Sorry.
Mario Strikers charged is a great way to play sports while not really doing anything at all! Play soccer with your favorite Mario characters, with a giant selection of individual moves. It's a great multiplayer game, although it may get boring quick. Price is 50$.
Mario and Sonic at the Olympic games is an athletic battle between the 2 biggest video game names in the entire universe. Although it is just a bunch of minigames, it still allows you to have fun while "excersising." I would not recommend it however, but it does seem fun to play. Price is 50$.
Rayman: Raving Rabbids 2 is a funny collection of utter randomness. It is pure fun, maybe you could get a few kicks out of it. Price is 50$.
Thrilleville:eek:ff the rails is a way to build your own Amusement Park while interacting with the guests. Use all of your creativity to make your ark great, or a total mass of total chaos. Price is 50$.
Naruto:Clash of Ninja Revolution is the perfect game for a hardcore Naruto fan. Your kids can become their favorite characters in Naruto and battle your foes with kunai knives, jutsus and special attacks. Price is 40$.
Donkey Kong:Barrel Blast is just like a DK version of Mario Kart, just instead of Karts, you blast away in big barrel jets. If I were you, I would just wait for the Mario Kart for wii coming out sometime in 2008. The Mario Kart for wii comes with a free wheel! Price is 50$.
Maybe as a late christmas present, you should get Super Smash Bros. Brawl on Feb. 10, 2008. It is THE most awaited game of . . . .EVER. For more info on this game, go to Smash Bros Dojo, the official site for this game.
Now don't forget about the virtual console games you can buy with wii points!! You can buy wii points at any store such as Best Buy etc. and buy virtual console games on the wii shop. 1 wii point is 1 cent. maybe buy 2000 points to get some good ol fashion NES/SNES/ N64/Etc. games. Remember, you cannot play virtual console games without a classic controller, which is 20$ each.
Thanks for reading all of this! Good luck with your kids!
350$? Wow your a nice parent . . . .
I had to beg on my knees to get a wii. I still don't know if I can get one. . . .
(even though they make 200,000$ per year)

Last edited:
don't get a recharge dock, get some rechargeable camera batteries. Its a whole lot cheaper and you can use them for other things :)

Bigred said:
don't get a recharge dock, get some rechargeable camera batteries. Its a whole lot cheaper and you can use them for other things :)

yea he has a really good point there, you can get a set of 4 kodak AA batterys with a charger for about 10 dollars at wal-mart, but if you decide to go with a charge stand then i'd say to get the nyko one and get 2 extra battery packs for the other 2 wiimotes. so that'd be either 10 for the batterys or about 50 for the stand (if you buy 2 more battery packs for the other wiimotes)

I'd say only one more nunchuck would be needed so that'd be 20 dollars

As for games i'd go with super mario galaxy, zelda twighlight princess, guitar hero 3, and they'd probably like super mario strikers

Back