Heroes Game Mode Discussion

IGGUS

WiiChat Member
Nov 23, 2010
NYC
I see a lot of conversation mixed into other threads about Game Modes and thought why not have one for each type. Could be a good way for us to plan out a game, or nice to differentiate the team work needed between Black Box and GoldenEye, etc. Enjoy!

-IGGUS

ok so i just started getting into heroes because i found
1 a lot of people go there late at night
2. it's fun
3. i can get a lot of xp
4. it's fun

but i do have a few questions about the game and was hoping someone who's been playing a while could clarify for me

What is the benefit of becoming the hero? Besides the weapons and the fun of being the hero I constantly end up in games where the other team must be neglecting to become the hero. While i usually get around five kills on average once i become the hero it still doesn't equal the 10 points they get for eventually killing me. Not to mention i never turn down becoming the hero unless im under heavy fire, and about to die, but it seems the other team isn't activating their hero as much. Ultimately this makes the game lame in my opinion. So your down in the game so you deny the purpose of the game? The way i see it, im supposed to be the hero at that moment and come do amazing stuff, so why would i be a coward and ignore the hero activation. Its a very non hero type of move. Look at the hero kills at the end of the game... how many times its activated will determine the winner. The other team will have live 7 to 9 hero kills and we will have 3 or 4...mathematically making it difficult to win... I thought maybe its the game trying to even the playing field, but no its not because I was in there with a level 56 and they rarely activated it. Its not like they just survived because you know when they are in there. So why do people do lame stuff like this and how is this avoided.

Next is a tactical question. I play run up in your face style, forget sitting back. Running into fights that i know i shouldn't. So my team mates must hate me when i become the hero because they want to take a defensive position but i don't. So is it common knowledge that the hero should fortify himself or is it all preference? Would you be mad at the hero if he played like a maniac?

Have you ever been in a stalemate where everyone is denying to be the hero? I have

Last edited:
Yes, its a mis-sight on the makers in my opinion. It would be better if you did not have the choice, you got a 10 second count-down as a warning that you were about to become hero and it just rotated around the team.

Yes, its a mis-sight on the makers in my opinion. It would be better if you did not have the choice, you got a 10 second count-down as a warning that you were about to become hero and it just rotated around the team.

that would work perfectly

I am sorry to admit I am playing Heroes less and less. Mostly for your reasons above. Typically the other team never becomes the hero as you pointed out to keep points from my team. So it turns into a first to 40 team conflict. I can not pick up another gun once I'm the hero, which can be a pain. Especially when you're playing against higher-level players. I'm currently level 46, and the gun I have now is better than all-but maybe one of the hero loadouts. So I become the hero, and now I'm being hunted by the entire opposing team (I'm alright with that) but then my gun is worse than before. WTF?

agreed! non-hero spawning is lame. its like golden gun sniping. however i have to disagree about the gun part. unlimited ammo and 1-2 shots per person for a kill. unless you have the strata or something you're not finding a better gun. for example in archive the russians get a AK. but if you notice its much much stronger (and has a grenade launcher, which is not very hero like)

As for the fortify or run and gun. either works fine as a hero. the hard part is getting your team to play your style. ever play against a roving team? you turn a corner and 3 people and a hero are shooting at you, you usually ads at nothing! personally i prefer the method a friend showed me. if you don't give two sh*ts about accuracy, get into a large room with one door. then proceed to move side to side in that door unloading the gun into air. the other team won't be able to get close unless they work together to grenade and rush you.

friend me if you want some fun hero games, i play the style of the hero at the moment!

I just finished a heroes match where the other team spawned two heroes at once, what will they hack next?

I just finished a heroes match where the other team spawned two heroes at once, what will they hack next?

That happened to me once! I wish I managed to kill both...

Anyways, I prefer to play as I normally do as the here. Which is get in your face and kill you, and I've gotten some big kill streaks like that as Zukovski and Bond. But IMO, Ourumov and Janus kinda suck.

not sure if it is a hack or a glitch as it happened to me once and i dont think any hackers were playing

Yeah, that happened to me once while I was hero and I got both of them.. My questions is why do you get less XP for a hero on hero kill (25) vs a regular hero kill (50)? I think if you're risking your butt to be the hero you should at least get more points per kill especially on their hero!

Heroes Idea

I also have noticed many matches where a team doesn't spawn a hero. Maybe this will encourage more people to activate the hero.
-As hero its pretty easy to get a 3, or 5 kill streak with your stronger weapon / higher health.
-This can give you more points in less time then finding and eliminating a hero yourself.
-If you have a good strategy, many enemies will walk right to you when your hero.
-More heroes spawning equals more xp for everyone. :yesnod:

ok so i just started getting into heroes because i found
1 a lot of people go there late at night
2. it's fun
3. i can get a lot of xp
4. it's fun

but i do have a few questions about the game and was hoping someone who's been playing a while could clarify for me

What is the benefit of becoming the hero? I constantly end up in games where the other team must be neglecting to become the hero. While i usually get around five kills on average once i become the hero it still doesn't equal the 10 points they get for eventually killing me. Not to mention i never turn down becoming the hero , but it seems the other team isn't activating their hero as much., so why would i be a coward and ignore the hero activation. Its a very non hero type of move. Look at the hero kills at the end of the game... how many times its activated will determine the winner. The other team will have live 7 to 9 hero kills and we will have 3 or 4...mathematically making it difficult to win... I thought maybe its the game trying to even the playing field, but no its not because I was in there with a level 56 and they rarely activated it. Its not like they just survived because you know when they are in there. So why do people do lame stuff like this and how is this avoided.

Next is a tactical question. I play run up in your face style, forget sitting back. Running into fights that i know i shouldn't. So my team mates must hate me when i become the hero because they want to take a defensive position but i don't. So is it common knowledge that the hero should fortify himself or is it all preference? Would you be mad at the hero if he played like a maniac?

Have you ever been in a stalemate where everyone is denying to be the hero? I have
heros are stronger so they kill with less bullets.
few reasons to not be hero: more xp killing 20 people then 2 heros, dont want to be bulls eyed, dont want you to leave from ass kicking, dont like the hero, dont see the offer.\
if the other team wont use heros and my team is feeding them i ususal just take the hero to a corner and try keep point away from them a.l.a.p.

as for what to do with the hero is up to the player i like to use heros to stimulate the gameplay or bring the fight to me.

The other day I had the option on archives to become bond. So I throw out my 2 proxies from my original loadout into strategic spots and then accept my bond invite. So...I throw out my 3 that you get with him!! Not 30 sec. later I get the option to spawn bond again? So I was like ok? and hit the accept button again and get 3 more proxies!!! So I had like 7 to 8 laid out all over the place, 'twas awesome just kicking back and getting them freeones fir a good minute.....lol

I can't wait to be hero myself cuz all that power and everyone coming right to you on a platter....gotta love it. Plus I have killer strategies on industrial, archives, docks, and nightclub. My thinking is this "just spawned my friends now come get some!"

Back