Hi - New to Wii - Adult gamer

Sharbysyd

WiiChat Member
Jan 13, 2008
Hi - I'm an adult female gamer in my 40s. I had a NES and SNES but haven't played much over the years. I became interested in gaming again when the DS came out with the Brain Games. I then discovered Animal Crossing Wild World and loved that game. When I heard that an Animal Crossing was in the works for the Wii, I decided I wanted one. I just got my Wii for Christmas.

Obviously there is no Animal Crossing title available yet, but I have discovered that the Wii system is awesome. I particularly love the bowling game on Wii sports so far. It is so realisitc and fun.

I can't wait to try some other games. At this forum, I hope to get ideas on new games to buy and to learn more about how to best utilize my Wii. I also hope to find out what accessories I might need to buy for it. So far I bought an extra Wiimote.

Anyhow, I'm glad to have found this forum.

Yep, this is one of the best. Welcome to Wiichat!

Oh, you also might want to look into buying Mysims. Although, it is a lot like Animal Crossing, it is something to hold you over.

Happy Wii-ing!

I'd recommend mysims too, my wife loves it.

also Mario and Sonic at the Olympics is a lot of fun

Welcome to WiiChat!!!

If you don't already have it, I would recommend The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess. It is an awesome experience. Other fun games are Metroid, Super Paper Mario, Super Mario Galaxy, and Mario Strikers Charged. You'll want to add friends to your address book so you can message them, and play against them in certain games. And definitely check out the "Check Mii Out" channel. It is pretty fun.:smilewinkgrin:

Hello there. I'd definitely recommend Wario Ware for some laughs and Zelda just for the sheer size and beauty of the game. Super Mario Galaxy is also wonderful, a little too easy, but just great.

I'd also check out some of the retro games for sale on the online shop channel. If you are worried about buying retro games with your credit card then step into your nearest wal-mart and pick up a few Wii Points cards and use them. Why is it worth it? BECAUSE THE N64 IS PURE GOLD!!!! :crazy:

Last edited:
If you liked the brain games, then Zack and Wiki: Hunt for Barabos treasure is an excellent puzzle game.

It's reminiscent of Curse of Monkey Island. Point and Click adventure game.
And brain-frying puzzles.

Sharbysyd said:
Hi - I'm an adult female gamer in my 40s. I had a NES and SNES but haven't played much over the years. I became interested in gaming again when the DS came out with the Brain Games. I then discovered Animal Crossing Wild World and loved that game. When I heard that an Animal Crossing was in the works for the Wii, I decided I wanted one. I just got my Wii for Christmas.

Obviously there is no Animal Crossing title available yet, but I have discovered that the Wii system is awesome. I particularly love the bowling game on Wii sports so far. It is so realisitc and fun.

I can't wait to try some other games. At this forum, I hope to get ideas on new games to buy and to learn more about how to best utilize my Wii. I also hope to find out what accessories I might need to buy for it. So far I bought an extra Wiimote.

Anyhow, I'm glad to have found this forum.
You may be tempted to go out and buy games just from looking at the cover. Unfortunately, as with any console, there are alot of Wii games that are just plain bad.

Be sure to search for reviews before any game purchase.

Welcome to WiiChat!

I am Waluigi's English ambassador!

Thanks for all the welcomes and the game suggestions.

Some of the games on my possible wish list after reading info here and reviews at Amazon and some game sites are:

Super Mario Galaxy
Zelda: Twighlight Princess
Super Paper Mario
Raving Rabbids
Mario Party 8
Metroid
Sonic and Mario Olympic

and now

MySims

Of course, I won't buy them all - at least not right away, but maybe I can rent some and see which ones I really like.

Sharbysyd said:
Thanks for all the welcomes and the game suggestions.

Some of the games on my possible wish list after reading info here and reviews at Amazon and some game sites are:

Super Mario Galaxy
Zelda: Twighlight Princess
Super Paper Mario
Raving Rabbids 2 is better in my opinion.
Mario Party 8
Metroid
Sonic and Mario Olympic

and now

MySims

Of course, I won't buy them all - at least not right away, but maybe I can rent some and see which ones I really like.

Yay for renting!!!!!!!!!

Back