How do you view post counts?

LeWaffles

CUSTOM
Jul 25, 2007
Around Chicago
Being that this is my 200th post, i wasn't sure if i should celebrate this feat or let it go by. Ever since i joined i figured that 200 posts would be enought to consider myself a veteran, and now here i am. So i'm asking you guys, does a certain amount of posts or stats matter. If someone says something stupid do you look at thier post count right away? would you be nicer if they had a higher count? i'll be honest and say that if someone asked if mario strikers charged had online, i'd look at thier post count , just a predjudice, something that everyone has. After reading this and maybe the thread what are your thoughts?

I prefer to not judge people based on their post counts due to the fact that many people can easily spam up to say around 1000 posts in less than a month. If I was to judge someone it would most likely be based on their posts. Such as do their posts contribute to the threads they post in? Do they spam to increase their post count? etc.. To me post count is just a number and means nothing whatsoever. Quality over Quantity. As long as your posts are on topic and you make an effort to contribute to the forum I would consider you to be better than anyone who spams to 1000 posts etc.

Last edited:
A post count doesn't tell you anything about the poster. A member can have 10 or 10,000 posts for all I care, what matters is their attitude, maturity, etc.

I pretty much agree with all of you. Most of the new people here with low post counts are pretty awesome.

LMAO :lol::lol::lol:
That was rich, lol.

Post count doesnt mean anything to me. Never really made that big a deal out of it. There are, however, ways of telling if someone is on often and post count/join date is one ofthem, sooo I dunno.

some people i'v seen hare have been members since, 2006 (december, november) and have only half my post counts, and they are still active, does that mean im better than them or more experienced, No and alos who can really tell

for instance iv been on Forums for many years now, but only joined this one 2 months ago. for me im experienced in forums, but people cannot tell im experienced because of my post count,

all post count really show is how active a person is, not how experienced or helpfull they are, to be honest i dont see a need in it but i do like it just to compare myself to people i meet

lol post count is worth a truck filled with s**t!!!! LMAO

and i thought being considered a veteran was that you had to be here atleast a year or so. its been a year since i joined so im considered a veteran

I agree. The post count really doesn't say anything about an individual. As Syntax mentioned above, its the quality of the posts that count, not the quantity. I treat everyone, whether they have a high or low post count, exactly the same. :)

Post count means nothing, it is the quality that counts.

It is the maturity and such of a poster that matters, like his attitude online. Does he like to help or reply friendly or does he like to spam and flame?

Some people such as prez view the veterans as the people that help out around the forum and are good posters not the one's who have high post counts and been here for a few months.

Celebrating a post number shouldnt really require a thread in its honor, if you would like to make a note just edit the post which was post [insert number here] and just put, Finally got the [???] mark, or something along those lines.

Cpt.McCloud said:
Post count means nothing, it is the quality that counts.

It is the maturity and such of a poster that matters, like his attitude online. Does he like to help or reply friendly or does he like to spam and flame?

Some people such as prez view the veterans as the people that help out around the forum and are good posters not the one's who have high post counts and been here for a few months.

Celebrating a post number shouldnt really require a thread in its honor, if you would like to make a note just edit the post which was post [insert number here] and just put, Finally got the [???] mark, or something along those lines.

What? We have to by what you say? :rolleyes:

chickenwin said:
What? We have to by what you say? :rolleyes:

No it is just me view on the matter, like the original post asked us to say.

Back