How is Marvel Ultimate Alliance for the Wii?

MyGunJammed

WiiChat Member
Oct 24, 2006
I am trying to narrow down my game list to 3 or 4 launch games. One game that is on the fringe for me is Marvel: Ultimate Alliance. Anyone hear if the Wii version of this game is worth getting? Honest opinions please.

In short no

In long
NO no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no
EAs marvel games have been rubbish

If you liked the X-Men Legends games I'd say you'll like Ultimate Alliance. I plan on getting it for my 360 rather than on the Wii.

It looks really good if you look at the trailer. Im also thinking of getting it, but the only thing that it lacks is that it has no online play. Yes thats right it has been confirmed that it will have no online play.

Icetrash said:
It looks really good if you look at the trailer. Im also thinking of getting it, but the only thing that it lacks is that it has no online play. Yes thats right it has been confirmed that it will have no online play.
Uh, its a launch game, and i think it was confirmed that there was going to be no online titles at launch so how does it lacking online play differ to any other launch title? They all lack online play..... Ive seen the ultimate alliance at the shop for the 360, i think it goes up to 8 players online, not entirely sure though.

i think i kinda wanna get alliance now...i was reading the reviews, and looks like fun....got pretty good reviews too...and yeah, i dont really care too much for the multiplayer online aspect...i'm more of a "have friends come over and play" console player anyways. LOL

ilovemywii said:
Marvel UA SUCKS! I didnt like it at all not one bit

If you hadn't enjoyed X-Men Legends what in your right mind would make you think you would enjoy this? This game is not for everyone, it's pretty much for people who enjoy co-op games. You obviously do not enjoy these type of games, and they're not for you. By the way, stop being a lazy ass and abbreviating the word 'alliance'. Are you that much of a slow typer now?

:mad5: I'm thinking about buying just because of the number of playable characters. I've been a Marvel fan for 20 years now and a game like this is a dream come true. The only thing that I'm worried about is the controls for the Wii. I heard bad things. A lot of people I talk to say that it takes quite a while to get used to.:mad5:

jshannonbuller said:
A lot of people I talk to say that it takes quite a while to get used to.:mad5:

That is also the case for half of the games out of the Wii, not a big thing. Im either getting this or DBZ as my other launch game along with Zelda. What should I get this or DBZ?

jshannonbuller said:
:mad5: I'm thinking about buying just because of the number of playable characters. I've been a Marvel fan for 20 years now and a game like this is a dream come true. The only thing that I'm worried about is the controls for the Wii. I heard bad things. A lot of people I talk to say that it takes quite a while to get used to.:mad5:

I know that it appears that the majority of the people prefer the traditional controller for this game

Icetrash said:
That is also the case for half of the games out of the Wii, not a big thing. Im either getting this or DBZ as my other launch game along with Zelda. What should I get this or DBZ?

I know that there is a learning curve for all Wii games. I just meant that from what I was told you have to be too precise with your movements. A friend of mine compared it to the boxing on Wii Sports.

I say Rent it, I am screw Buying games that I want to play but not pay 50 bucks for pay 20 bucks a month and try like 6/10 games then buy them if you really liked them.

It came in a bundle when I got my Wii yesterday. Personally, I don't like it very much. The motion controls seem too forced. It's a twitch, button masher style of game that doesn't seem to suit the WiiMote very well.

Otherwise, it definitely has a ton of characters you can play. Also, I imagine to co-op is more entertaining than single player. If you are into Marvel comics you may enjoy since it simply because it has so many characters, scenary and other assorted other goodies.

Back