mushroomedmario

ssb4life
May 5, 2007
Waterloo, ontario, canada
Wii Online Code
5701-4561-7633-7008
i am tired of people thinking being a fanboy is stupid

i am a nintendo fanboy

i've owned every nintendo home console to date, and every portable console before the ds,

that dosn't mean i hate microsoft or sony though, if i didn't love my wii so much, i would spend money on a new console rather than my wii

i am NOT going to say "xbox only has fps's and that's what a computer is for" or "ps3, more like grill-s-3"
BUT i will always buy the next nintendo system cause i like seeing the same series' continue on

mario is teh man, you guys can't diss up mario
the most famous gaming character to date

so for anyone that are open to tehf act that they are a nintendo fanboy

just say "i am a nintendo fanboy"

nuff said

You aren't a Nintendo fanboy. Fanboys are supposed to hate anything and everything that isn't Nintendo related.

Fail.

That ain't a Nintendo "fanboy". Thats a Nintendo fan *space* boy or fan *space* girl

did you coin that term?

damn it guys i don't want to brag about me being a fanboy, i'm admitting it

trust me, i hide it over the interweb very well, but i know that i am a fanboy. i resemble the nintendo fanboy from fanboys-online.com, and i try to convince people to buy a wii a lo tof the time, like to my co-workers/friends

Last edited:
lol its a universally accepted term that fanboy is a person who loves one system and hates, keyword being HATES all other systems that are not thier own.

no it means they are obsessed with one system oir a company, i am obsessed with nintendo/wii

but a lot of fanboys just hate the other systems, though they don't necessary have to

Almo said:
lol its a universally accepted term that fanboy is a person who loves one system and hates, keyword being HATES all other systems that are not thier own.

This is the meaning of the term.

You'd be called an uberfan in my eyes since you don't hate, just love. :)

no casue i hate people who say anything bad about the wii, though i never say anything bad about ps3 or xbox 360, but i will get into a huge arguement if someone says one of those are better than the wii, i just don't hand out fliers saying the ps3 sucks

Mushroomed- why not just call yourself a fan and avoid the negative connotations associated with the term 'fanboy'? I always took fanboy to mean those losers who ignorantly bash other consoles, and you'll find many other gamers use that definition too.

mushroomedmario said:
no casue i hate people who say anything bad about the wii, though i never say anything bad about ps3 or xbox 360, but i will get into a huge arguement if someone says one of those are better than the wii, i just don't hand out fliers saying the ps3 sucks

You're like me. I'm not a fan. I'm a HEY I'VE GOT IT!! A HARDCORE FAN!!!!

Napalmbrain said:
Mushroomed- why not just call yourself a fan and avoid the negative connotations associated with the term 'fanboy'? I always took fanboy to mean those losers who ignorantly bash other consoles, and you'll find many other gamers use that definition too.

the whole point of this thread, is because i don't know why but specifically on this forum everyone thinks a fanboy is something it's not, just look at all the definitions of it on urbandictionary

most of them say the same thing

'someone who loves something without question'

i just want people to know that there isa difference between a fanboy and an idiotic fanboy

edit: but monsteroids, do you go crazy when people say it sucks, i yelled at someone in computer science for saying xbox360 is better, and i am always in a constant fight with my friend that owning a wii is way better than being a level 70 on WoW

Napalmbrain said:
lol and mushy i think youd find most other gamers use this definition too, so id suggest not calling yourself a fanboy, for yoursake, just keep it all inside till oneday there might be a understanding.... though not likely

Napalmbrain said:

Sorry to say it Mushroomed but I think Napalmbrain is right. I'm in a similar boat to you, having owned all Nintendo output from the GB / SNES onwards, and similarly I'll promote to others the system that I currently have.

But I'm not a 'fanboy' because I'm happy for others to own whichever system they think is right for them... sure I might occasionally poke irreverant fun at them... ... ... ... ...

Back