I beat Umbrella Chronicles

highroller

WiiChat Member
Sep 23, 2007
Surprisingly a very tough game and even thou is an on rails shooter it is an excellent game. Took me 14 hours to beat it. It is important to end the chapters with good scores (grades) to be able to unlock the others.

It is different than RE4, but in my opinion if you like any previous RE game, it is a must. This is just my humble opinion.

I really enjoyed it a lot

What's the secret to beating that "thing" with the "mouth" on it's back, the one you have to get into the sunlight, then shoot it?
I think I spent 2 hours just on that boss... GAH!!!

Many people say this was an excellent game, yet so was RE4 Wii.

What do you recommend I get first? RE:UC or RE4?

I bought this game, and much like Alien Syndrome, after about 10 minutes of playing I was asking myself why the hell I bought it. But I kept playing, and after about an hour or so, I started to get into the story. Definitely a different rail shooter than Ghost Squad (which I also have), as it's completely story driven. The action in Ghost Squad is definitely faster paces, especially when you get to higher levels, but I would say RE:UC is more engaging experience overall.

you asked, what to get first?

I say if you like games for there story, and you are highly interested in story. RE:UC is the one to get first,

If you want a it for a great game, i say RE4

RE4 is a bigger better and fuller experience, and on the whole better.

RE:UC is very good to, but its mainly about story, fun aswell though.

im stuck on what i presume is the final boss, (in russia)

i started the game on hard, because its rare that i play a game through again, so i wanted it to last longer, and i say hard is HARD lol.

but RE4 iv managed to play through 4 times now, thats another reason i say RE4 over RE:UC

daviduk200 said:
I say if you like games for there story, and you are highly interested in story. RE:UC is the one to get first,

If you want a it for a great game, i say RE4

RE4 is a bigger better and fuller experience, and on the whole better.

RE:UC is very good to, but its mainly about story, fun aswell though.

im stuck on what i presume is the final boss, (in russia)

i started the game on hard, because its rare that i play a game through again, so i wanted it to last longer, and i say hard is HARD lol.

but RE4 iv managed to play through 4 times now, thats another reason i say
RE4 over RE:UC

Thanks for that! RE4 it is then.

id also like to add on that lol

I suggest if you have never played any, then get both, RE4 first.

but you do not Need RE:UC to under stand RE4 because RE 0,1,2,3 there stories all followed each other, in a way, RE4 starts a whole new story.

but RE:UC is more interesting to see how it all started

dennisl said:
What's the secret to beating that "thing" with the "mouth" on it's back, the one you have to get into the sunlight, then shoot it?
I think I spent 2 hours just on that boss... GAH!!!

I beat it I think in the 3rd attempt. I went with grenades and a lot of ammo with the sub machine gun and the shotgun. If you keep hitting him, he goes back to the sunlight and there shots will make more damage than outside of the sunlight.

It is not that hard. Takes a while but it is cool

iOwnage said:
Many people say this was an excellent game, yet so was RE4 Wii.

What do you recommend I get first? RE:UC or RE4?

RE4 all the way:cornut:

I am thinking of picking up UC soon, all this positive feedback is making me put my hand in my wallet sooner.

When you said it took 14 hours you made me want to buy it. The thing I was worried about was it would be to short. Even if it is shorter, All resident evils usually take around 10 hours, and I thought this one would take like 5.

ronjon13 said:
how do i beat the 2 popes?

Save some rocket launchers and you have 50% of the battle won. Then with the submachine gun shoot at their heads to stop them (standing or while they are following you through the air). And to have some grenades will help you. Be careful to shoot the rocket launchers when they launch them to you (submachine gun or shutgun will help to destroy them before they hit you)

I really love this game. If you want, get both games RE4 and REUC (both are awesome) because are two different great experiences.

Last edited:
eh 2 popes> is thzt twho guys in white with funny glasses amd u are wesker, if so i had to do it with just my pistol on hard lol

p.s im on 11 hours not 100% complete but i had done main story at 9 hours then there is a bunch of side stories, p.s im doing it on hard 1st time round so beat that lol. only got to get all s's now then 100% complete

Last edited:
It took me 14 hours to be all.. main story and side quests.. even though some side quests are required to beat the main story like (Death Door and Nightmare 1) to be able to unlock Dark Legacy 2 to beat the game.

The 4th survivor (unlocked after you beat the game, playing with HUNK) was though

Back