I dont understand! why is this game go so much hype around it?

SensesFail

WiiChat Member
May 6, 2007
Ohio
please tell me why everyone is so hyped. i can understand being excited but some people are rediculously over-excited. i've come to this realization after seeing a thread that was based on someone not knowing wich t.v. to buy for Brawl use only! Can you beleive that?! lol!

i am in no way flaming this game, but it's just an average game IMHO. it's completely beyond my comprehension. the halo 3 hype was understandable, halo/halo 2 were some of the greatest games ever,(not saying 3 lived up to hype tho) but was SSBM considered one of the greatest games ever? i havent heard that from anybody (except a few nintendo fanboys going, omgz halo suxorz! i love maro brawl!)

i'm not even trying to rant either, i'm just completely baffled by this. please dont get offended mario brawl fans, i just dont understand it lol

edit: this was my first time being in this subforum, some of the topics-geeze, you guys have covered every aspect of this game. why buy the game now that u know exactly what's in it/going to happen! lol, kidding of course.

Its a great game thats rllly fun to get into....I love these games but Im not getting a new tv for it...

meh, i could go either way, dont get me wrong, im very excited for this game.......

and im not a fanboy.......as you can see from my sig, im quite the sony lover.

but ssmm WAS one of the greatest games ever, belive me, and if this game can outdo meelee than the hype is understandable, not big enough to buy a tv solely for brawl use.....thats called being a nerd

I've recently been asking myself that question. It kind of scares me. I've been hyped for this game for over a year, what happens when I get it? I'm just hoping I won't get burned out of this game like I did in Melee.

Anyway, I already tried to stop visiting this section, but all of my friends post here, so I can't.

To answer your question to the best of my ability:

Its because this game is available to anyone and everyone. You can play this game when you are five years old, just have a blast looking at all the characters and doing the same moves over and over and over [and over] again. You can have fun playing this game when you're a newb, using your recovery as an offensive attack and spamming smashes. You can have fun playing this game as an expert, learning the plethora of advanced techniques, yet never being able to perfect your game. This game has NO limit. There is no BEST person. Everyone is beaten sometime or another. Bored of playing the with the same person? Or maybe you've already mastered them? Try out one of the other [projected] 39 characters.

It is the ultimate game.

EDIT: I personally don't understand the hype surrounding the halo series, so don't feel bad, bro. Halo is way too repetetive for my taste.

Last edited:
Let me explain this.

Smash Bros. It was the first game that contained various big Nintendo character's. It had completely unique game-play. And you got to see who'd win in a fight between Link and Pikachu!

Now, Smash Bros. is sometimes considered the Halo of Nintendo quality-wise. IGN, Game Informer, Gamespot- anyone of those sites will usually tell you Melee was a freaking awesome game.

And it's freaking fun. Were you on the boat for the N64 one and Melee? If not, I can understand.

But Smash Bros. has proved to be one of the best games. Ever. I still bust out Melee every once and a while and it came out way back in... What? 2003?

And also, you have to understand the amount of polish this game is getting. It's being worked on like crazy madness. I guess it's hard to explain.

But Smash Bros. was basically the Halo before Halo came out.

This game is definately one of the best multiplayer games I've ever played, but now I can play online against other people.

I can easily tell you why this game is epic. I love this series because 12 years back I'd sit and my brother and I would play for hours working through Mario, Legend of Zelda, Donkey Kong, and Star Fox. I had so much fun. Those games were so much fun. I enjoy remembering those characters and this game brings all of my favorite gaming characters together in one epic battle. I have enjoyed watching the the development of these charcters through the years and seeing what they've become today and honestly seeing how they haven't really changed at all. Mario is still the 2D guy he was in the past.... just very 3d and fancy with nice denim. Link still has a fancy for that Master Sword and Fox (one of my favorites) has proven his skills in the skys and on the battlefield. It's an attachment i guess. I grew up with these characters.

Lmao also been wondering the same thing, but I never really played the others or got hyped up about them so yeah..

i heard that ssbb would be one of the best games ever for the wii

i forgot where i heard it though

and my fav thing about ssbb is the stage builder

i like to build levels

laderer5 said:
Just think of this game as Jesus' Second Coming.
lol this is the type of thing im talking about.

though im beginning to come around (ok the game looks good, but not epic) but not enough for me to go out and get a wii again, besides no way would i have the same luck i had when i first got my wii (didnt have to look for it at all)

Back