I host-quit.... I did.

ANY DIEM

WiiChat Member
Feb 19, 2011
Awright I did it. I host quit at the end of the match. Intentionally.

I wound up hosting a Black Box game. After a few games this player Bu[]Moose (or something like that) showed up. Level 55. Masterson and proxies, oh my.

It was me (level 35), a couple of other low-30 players, and everyone else on lower levels. Bu[] was always on the "other" team, and most of those games he was on MI6.

This goes on for at least six games. My team wasn't the greatest, but with a guy hosing down the crowd with a Masterson and laying proxies it was pretty much hopeless. We weren't even close.

I'm not saying s/he shouldn't be playing, but when you show up and your whole team is riding on your back it stops being a game.

I was hoping Bu[] would get a clue and leave, but they didn't. So.... I shut it off.

Sorry to any other players who I yanked the plug on.

That okay I just did not feel like playing till the end and just now Host Quit...LOL I still think its a theory that its the first person on the list. Why would Nintendo not let you know your Hosting?

I mean how would you eve know your hosting? And I been at the top of a list and been bumped down many times...so I just don't believe that means much.

That okay I just did not feel like playing till the end and just now Host Quit...LOL I still think its a theory that its the first person on the list. Why would Nintendo not let you know your Hosting?

I mean how would you eve know your hosting? And I been at the top of a list and been bumped down many times...so I just don't believe that means much.

I agree, I've never had a host quit when my name's been on top of the list, if that helps...

I wound up hosting a Black Box game. After a few games this player Bu[]Moose (or something like that) showed up. Level 55. Masterson and proxies, oh my.

It was me (level 35), a couple of other low-30 players, and everyone else on lower levels. Bu[] was always on the "other" team, and most of those games he was on MI6.

This goes on for at least six games. My team wasn't the greatest, but with a guy hosing down the crowd with a Masterson and laying proxies it was pretty much hopeless. We weren't even close.

I'm not saying s/he shouldn't be playing, but when you show up and your whole team is riding on your back it stops being a game.

I was hoping Bu[] would get a clue and leave, but they didn't. So.... I shut it off.

I would like to start off by saying that I 100% disagree with Host Quits...

I play plenty of rounds where my whole team is riding on me for the win. I only mind it when we lose. :-/ I typically get 20-25 kills out of the required 40 in Team Conflict, so if my 3 teammates can't account for the other half, it's upsetting.

Back to the Host Quit thing... The way I see it, just play out that last round, THEN quit. Take the beating, let it roll off, let the person get the exp that they EARNED, and then leave. It makes me so mad when I'm having a great round and have 1000exp or more sitting there only to lose it to a Host Quit.

I question this too...

Ive been intentionally avoiding hosting so I don't get the rage.

I agree w/ you to a point but one day when youre a Lvl 55 Karma is a B!tch. There should be an option to play only those within your rank. Then all the 50+s would have refuge from the rage.

I agree w/ you to a point but one day when youre a Lvl 55 Karma is a B!tch. There should be an option to play only those within your rank. Then all the 50+s would have refuge from the rage.

I like playing with the higher level players. Yeah, sometimes it gets frustrating when it seems like you can do nothing but die due to proximitys or awesome guns fire bullets into your face, but when you get dominations on them or outscore them or have a higher kill:death ratio it makes me feel pretty good.

That could just be me though I guess....

I like playing with the higher level players. Yeah, sometimes it gets frustrating when it seems like you can do nothing but die due to proximitys or awesome guns fire bullets into your face, but when you get dominations on them or outscore them or have a higher kill:death ratio it makes me feel pretty good.

He said have it be an OPTION. I agree with him, I thought it was silly to start playing at level 1 and be with people at level 30+. Obviously you have no clue what you are doing, don't know the levels at all and trying to figure out the wii remote and settings and what have you.

I agree it should be an OPTION, let you pick playing with people say level 1-10, then 11-20, then 21-30...it would keep things fun for all I believe and an option I believe that people would use. Plus it would stop people that are level 50 from starting a new account and playing as a lower level when they are not to kill higher level people.

Only reason why Nintendo did the level thing was to keep people interested in the game. I'm actually kind of bored with the game and I am only level 14. The levels are getting old...I'm already ready for newer levels.

I would also like to see a no camping option in online multiplayer. Stay put too long you restart, stay in a watch tower too long spawning you go. It would also be nicer if they did something with Goldeneye where the points weighed more on getting consoles, I've had players camp the WHOLE game making my team loose...well sometimes win because the OTHER players are doing the same thing...I find I typically get the most consoles in Goldeneye as I run and try and get them.

The game needs better options, and more importantly more levels.

yeah. Im with you here. I dominated for the 1st time just the other day (Well the first time I actually caught it) I didnt catch what all the text said but the guy was on a HUGE streak and of all things sniping industrial. I finally changed to sniper and took him out from behind at the very end of the match. I usually enjoy playing the 40+ Esp when I get them good.

Im just saying maybe all of us could have the option <---keyword) to play, say 20 -29, 30 -39, 40 - 49 etc. Think of how much more fun it is to play when your opponents can fight back. Im sure a level 55 beating us lower life forms probably feels the same as a level 32 (little me) dominating a bunch of teens. Boring and a lot of rage quitting...

Last edited:
I wish this, I wish that....well wish on. Nit to sound like a D**K but we all went through what you are going through. Be tricky and crafty and kill the higher level and grab his gun. Problem I find is that low level guy sucks and I go seek and kill him anyway. Guns don't make that much difference to be honest. I have a new level 19 account where i've came up agaibst a group af pokemon and had several games with 2/1 KDR. I've beaten a lot of level 40 and 50+ guys in conflict. I just recently a few nights ago got a 50 kill match with this account. So blaming guns is a fair argument but not one to cry over.

Ohh...rid host quit thing, seriously dude! You went several rounds and stayed playing him only to rage quit at the end of your 7th it so match? You coulda quit after the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. But instead you raged quit. Get real!!

And the who's host issue. Yes the guy at the top is host. If you join a already started game it sometimes shows you at the top, but on the next interval screen you won't be. You know for certain you are host if you are the first name up top, the interval countdown hasn't started before you joined, and if you are still top after 1 match.

And the who's host issue. Yes the guy at the top is host. If you join a already started game it sometimes shows you at the top, but on the next interval screen you won't be. You know for certain you are host if you are the first name up top, the interval countdown hasn't started before you joined, and if you are still top after 1 match.

It still doesn't make sense that Ive been on top and bumped down even when I was 1st in the lobby ie started the match as #1. IDK... IDK... IDK... I started questioning this after starting as #1 in the lobby and after a match or two being bumped down. Why would it switch? These were matches I started...

Anyway the solution for me is to just avoid being #1. If it is correct then my rage quits wont affect the match. I would never rage quit during a match if I know I'm hosting. I mean I quit quite a bit for a lot of reasons but purposely rage quitting at the end is FUUUCKED! Even still youre sacrificing some points which all add up.

Anyone who purposely host quits is ruining the game.

Grow some balls and take your beating, leave at the interval.

Nit to sound like a D**K but we all went through what you are going through.

Actually, the first batch of high level players didn't have anyone above them (excluding hackers), so they did have an easier climb up.

Back