I possibly found me a set of Gamecube component cables to buy, but...

Maldo

WiiChat Member
Mar 15, 2011
I notice some of them listed for sale on Amazon have japanese boxes and a few that are for sale come from Japan. But I heard the ones Nintendo of America sold were the japanese ones but without the box and ina ziplock baggie (a few of these are lisited on there too). So my question is, if I cant find the NOA ones they sold, will the japanese ones work (as in send a proper image signal) ona north american unit?

I know both USA and Japan use the NSTC format, but Japan is NSTC/U and USA is just NSTC. Is there any difference in the Japanese NSTC/U and USA NSTC signals? or they are the same? I know if I lived in europe and had a PAL GC model, this situation would be totaly different. But I need to make sure before I spend $99.69 on something that may not work for my system, due to reginal format issues.

Plus, I really don't feel like spending $475 ona japanese GC and not having any games to play in english or in the right video format.

Please help me!! All and any info will be greatly appreicated!

I don't know much in regards to component cables, but I would think that they work the same in how a Wii will only play on a TV of it's region; whether that's because of the Wii or the cables, I'm not sure though... I certainly don't blame ya wanting confirmation if a $100 piece of merchandise would work.

But I heard the ones Nintendo of America sold were the japanese ones but without the box and ina ziplock baggie (a few of these are lisited on there too).

That's... uh, professional.

You're spending $100 on a console from last generation? You're being fooled.
I bought mine for $30 at a pawnshop, DURING the gamecube's reign.

You're spending $100 on a console from last generation? You're being fooled.
I bought mine for $30 at a pawnshop, DURING the gamecube's reign.

I know that but...

During the GCs reign, we only had a CRT and weren't aware of anything other than R/F or Composite.

Second, i've tired to find them at pawn shops and etc., but no luck at all aside from finding old condoms and hentai magazines along with atari stuff in boxes marked "Vido Game" stuff.

The reason why i'm doing this is because me & my sister want to play all our GC games with action replay codes again on my new TV. Since the AR disc no longer works on Wii due to screwtendos updates, and while I could play my GC w/standard Composite, the picture quality is horrible! Even with sending it through my composite to HDMI box, the blurry, muddy image it produces still makes my sister carsick.

I know $100 is alot for cables for the GC, but I play more GC games than Wii ones... and the Wii i think is a big waste of cash (paid $250) because of it's week libaray, due to the dancing and mini-game **** they release for it every day almost.

Back