I would LOVE for the Wii to Play DVD's, MP3's & Music.

gidget

. ☆ ☆ ☆ .
Dec 12, 2007
-= ohio, usa =-
Wii Online Code
9999-9999-9999-9999
I love the Wii. I would believe adding DVD and MP3 access would not take away from gaming. Look at Opera Internet Channel. Developed by a non-gaming developer.

I would love Adobe Flash Player 9 to be added so I could watch my favorite shows on abc.com, nbc.com, and cbs.com. A Wiimote for control is too cool and convenient. Not all of us want 5 remote controls or a single lame universal remote for 5 components. I could stick with 2, if the Wii played Adobe Flash 9, CDs, DVDs, and MP3 (my other remote would be for the TV).

Remember, just look at Opera. Any developer could create the software to do these things on Wii without putting their efforts into a lame game like Laser Hockey.

A cheap DVD player is $30. Anyone in the market for a cheap DVD player would gladly pay $15 for a Wii DVD Player Channel.

Last edited:
idjut said:
I love the Wii. I would believe adding DVD and MP3 access would not take away from gaming. Look at Opera Internet Channel. Developed by a non-gaming developer.

I would love Adobe Flash Player 9 to be added so I could watch my favorite shows on abc.com, nbc.com, and cbs.com. A Wiimote for control is too cool and convenient. Not all of us want 10 remote controls or a single lame universal remote for 10 components.

Remember, just look at Opera. Any developer could create the software to do these things on Wii without putting their efforts into a lame game like Laser Hockey.

A cheap DVD player is $30. Anyone in the market for a DVD player would gladly pay $15 for a Wii DVD Channel if they're considering the cheap DVD player.
...Just no...Bad idea

I can't see how having this option would really impact how the way Wii plays games in a negative way. I mean I wouldn't buy another Wii to get the DVD playback, but I would probably pay $5-10 for a channel upgrade similar to what they did with the internet channel.

P.S. I see you have a 20.1 LCD from your sig, is it the LG one? If so, I use that exact same one for my Wii :smilewinkgrin:

My only question is if it is physically possible since the disc spins the opposite way when playing games.

Budo said:
I can't see how having this option would really impact how the way Wii plays games in a negative way. I mean I wouldn't buy another Wii to get the DVD playback, but I would probably pay $5-10 for a channel upgrade similar to what they did with the internet channel.

P.S. I see you have a 20.1 LCD from your sig, is it the LG one? If so, I use that exact same one for my Wii :smilewinkgrin:

Right, and the developers won't necessarily be gaming developers. Budo, I use My dad's old Acer AL2016W.

Last edited:
cartoonspin said:
My only question is if it is physically possible since the disc spins the opposite way when playing games.

This is the same rumor that existed for the GameCube. Look at all the pirates out there modding their Wii and copying DVD media with their PC's DVD drive. Just like people modded their GameCube and played copied games on standard-size DVD media.

People have booted Linux on Wii and can play DVDs on that OS. The discs spin the same direction.

Last edited:
kronau said:
the wii wouldint be compadable its the physical reader that would need to be modded to read dvd's not the software

Not true. :D People out there are booting Linux on the Wii and watching DVDs... that's software, not physical reader.

Last edited:
idjut said:

I would love Adobe Flash Player 9 to be added so I could watch my favorite shows on abc.com, nbc.com, and cbs.com. A Wiimote for control is too cool and convenient. Not all of us want 5 remote controls or a single lame universal remote for 5 components. I could stick with 2, if the Wii played Adobe Flash 9, CDs, DVDs, and MP3 (my other remote would be for the TV).

A cheap DVD player is $30. Anyone in the market for a cheap DVD player would gladly pay $15 for a Wii DVD Player Channel.
Why don't you just use your computer? :yesnod:

Samus101 said:
Why don't you just use your computer? :yesnod:

If you must ask, you won't understand. Not everyone spends there every waking hour the same way, which means conveniences vary from person to person.

Back