ICS and the Wii

blueblinds

WiiChat Member
Mar 9, 2008
I have searched the forums for an answer to my problem without success. I am trying to connect my Wii to the internet via wireless. Here's what I have:
1. A USB wireless modem from Alltel (it connects at broadband speeds)
2. A laptop computer that I use for the internet running vista home premium
3. A D-Link DI-524 802.11g wireless router.
How do I configure the Wii, the laptop and the router to work together? Will ICS allow the Wii to connect? I have tried every combination I know of without success. The Wii can see the wireless signal but cannot connect to the internet. Before anyone asks, there are no other internet connections available where I live. DSL or cable is not available. Any suggestions or help will be appreciated.

does the router seem to have internet?

is internet light lit on the router?

ur wii can find the router but its not helpful if your router is not connect to the internet

if ur router is not connecting to the internet u might have better luck in a router forum rather then a wii forum

i still dont no if its possible
if ur modem wasnt usb and ethernet i would recomend pluging ur router to the modem
if u can possibly get a different modem you might have better luck

I have an internet service through alltel wireless its a usb modem i am trying to set up a router with it. Does anyone know if the huawei model EC168(this is my usb modem through alltel) is compatible with Linksys wireless g broadband router? im trying to figure out a way to hook my wii up on the internet and a router seems to be the only way to go.

you sound like you have no idea what your talking about, first off the modem, is garbage. if its one of those usb ones that plugs into nothing but your computer throw it away. if you have an ethernet port ON the actual modem you might have a chance, plug the router into the modem using an ethernet cable. this should properly feed your router internet to beam out wirelessly. I am guessing the wireless modem acts as a router aswell

Back