Internet Help

URUman

WiiChat Member
Aug 2, 2007
Ok, i just got a WIFI Max wireless Internet thingie for my wii... now.. i think i installed it right, and it allowed me to check the connections, and it worked... now, I tried the wii shop channel, and it said there was an error, and it would not connect... I have a feeling it has something to do with an IP Address or something.. i dunno... but this is wat the comp says;
LIMITED OR NO CONNECTIVITY
You might not be able to access the Internet or some network resources. This problem occurred because the network did not assign a network address to the computer.
(Details) <---------- button

PROPERTY VALUE
Physical Address 00-0E-8E-0E-56-D0
IP Address 129.254.125.141
Subnet Mask 255.255.0.0
Default Gateway (nothing)
DNS Server (nothing)
WINS Server (nothing

Of Course the Nothing just mean that there was no #s there on those spots... but.. when I tried clicking repair it got this;

I says that it's renewing my IP Address... then.. this;
Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the
following action cannot be completed:
Renewing your IP address

For assistance, Contact the person who manages your network.

lol, i waited 2 weeks for it to come in the mail... and now i cant use it yet! :p :crazy: :yikes: :shocked:
O, and pleese, if u try to help me... try Explaining it as if to a 6 year old, lol i'm not that smart when it comes to that stuff!

If its the Datel one you mine as well already be looking for a way to return it. Not sure if anyone has gotten that thing to work. Next time you should research about the product before you buy it. The same exact thing happened to me.

I actually got further... i overcame the problem... and now i hav annother... it has something to do with the wii settings... o, and i did research the product, in fact i did so on this Exact forum, and no one told me that it didn't work... i think u either didn't try hard enough to get yours to work... or maybe the people who answered my post lied.... i dunno.......

Hmm, if its the Datel one I doubt it will work seriously. Unless they somehow made some fixes over the past couple of months. I tried about a week trying to get it to work. Anyway, what is your new problem. I may be able to help you.

maybe its a firewall? idk but after trying out many datel products i've concluded that....their products mostly suck. get the official usb connector from nintendo, its kinda pricy at 40$ in the U.S but it will work.

ok... well, on wii shop, it detects the Internet Connection... but it says i need to agree to the wiiconnect24 User aggreement. when i go to the news channel, it says wiiconnect24 is turned off... when i go to the weather channel.... same thing! and when i go to settings, wiiconnect24 and it says i need to aggree to the user aggreement.... i say yes... and it tries to connect to the internet to bring me the user agreement... and it says it can't feel the connection!!!!! and i KNOW that it's lying cuz it's connected to a cirtain point!! but y does it still say it can't detect it?

Back