Internet radio not possible?

Nash

`GrandMaster
Dec 18, 2006
Rotterdam
Wii Online Code
3289-6306-2437-0243
Is it not possible to listen to internet radio on the wii? Now im using my pc but can only use it up stairs. Now i have the Wii with a browser i thought it would work downstairs but either i did something wrong or its not supported.

Is there no other way to listen to internet radio?

The problem you may be facing is that the Wii hasn't got a version of...well any media player at all (bar an outdated flash player) and so the internet radio stations have nothing to play through.

Ah i see... Think i'll look into the winamp remote thing that csiguy4u is mentioning. Do u have a link for me? And is it riskfree if i use it?

last nite i tried the nintendo wii site and i tried a movie of the ppl playing a wii and i got the sound but no picture...dunno how...

Tacos said:
How do you do that without having Winamp on the Wii?

It's winamp remote, not standard winamp. Winamp remote is a service that runs on your PC and allows you to listen to your music on the winamp remote website as long as your PC is on at home.

csiguy4u said:
It's winamp remote, not standard winamp. Winamp remote is a service that runs on your PC and allows you to listen to your music on the winamp remote website as long as your PC is on at home.

I have been trying to figure this out because it sounds really cool, but I can't get it to work. Do you need to upload the songs onto the Winamp Remote site, or do you just make the playlists?

So I set up my winamp remote on my computer at work, and want to be able to access the music on it from my Nintendo Wii Opera internet browser , which is at my house. I have highspeed internet. I have it connected with a 54 Mbps Wireless Router. It has a flash player that seems like it should work to open the player window for Winamp Remote. When I am on my Wii browser at home, I click on a song from my folder that I loaded in my Winamp Mobile account at work. The flash window opens up, and the "loading wheel" just keeps spinning, and the song never plays. (This also happens when I use my home PC, that is not on a wireless connection.) I have tried trading somer of the settings, but nothing seems to work.

Am I trying to do something that is not possible?
If it is possible, what do I do to get it to work?
What are some other internet music players/stations that will work on Wii? (LastFM.com is the only one I have found that works)

Back