iPhone caused delay of Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1

castlezelda

WiiChat Member
Feb 7, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
SEGA delays the Sonic 4 wiiware title to be delayed just because of the Iphone version has bugs in it...and also SEGA is punishing the wiiware, 360 and PS3 versions..apparently for the Iphone version to be done with...I say that's JANKED.

sonic_the_hedgehog_4_screen.jpg

Can't wait to get Sonic the Hedgehog 4 on your platform of choice? Well, sorry to be the bearer of bad news but that's just what you're gonna have to do exactly now that Sega has confirmed its delay, thanks to the iPhone version.

According to the publisher, Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 is still not finished on the iPhone, and so all other versions - PSN, XBLA, WiiWare - are put on hold to wait for the iPhone version to finish.

Originally, the game was set for a summer release this year, but that's not gonna happen now. Explained Takashi Iizuka of the Sonic development team, "The team wanted the game to work really well on the iPhone with the same stages and the same kind of mechanics as the console versions, but it didn't really work the way the team imagined.

What they did was they kept the iPhone version closer to the original and they went back to the console version and changed some stages to be better playable on console. That's the reason behind the delay and the extension in the development schedule."

Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 is now expected to be out later this year.
Via Gamerzines

I never played Sonic the hedgehog for PS3, the Sonic adventures and directors cut was "so-so" for SEGA Dreamcast mostly remember the blue bomber for His kickass games for Genesis Sonic 1, 2 and 3. But mostly I don't like Sonic in all this 3D stuff, hated Sonic Rush (seemed to me sonic meets Marty Mcfly's hover board), Sonic Unleashed was "so-so" i thought dislike the wherehog though and SEGA could've done w/o the night stages for sonic unleashed but that just me. As a kid i went over to my neighbor's to play they're Genesis any change I got just to play with Sonic (umm maybe that didn't sound to good "play with sonic")

Last edited:
Back