Ipod nano technichal question.

zachp18

me two game systems below
Mar 4, 2007
The land of 10,000 lakes
Wii Online Code
6651-9695-6213-2367
I got my ipod nano 2gb in march and everything has been working great untill now when I plug it in the usb port the computer can no longer detect that my ipod is plugged in which means i can't get any more music on my ipod! Does anyone know how to fix this? Help is needed!

zach

have you downloaded and intalled the new itunes?

try updating or resetting you ipod, but i guess if it wont even pick up that its connected it might be you USB cord? try restaring your comp too

bugger,might be your USB cord, mine was playing up the other day too, dont know what a replacement will cost

When plugged in to your computer via the USB cord, close out of iTunes, turn the iPod off completely. Leave off for 5-7 seconds, turn it on again and restart iTunes. Works like a charm whenever I have that lil problem.

Let me know if I helped!

Replacement is about $10 I think...but anyways, everything I would have suggested is what Almo has already stated, but if that doesn't work for you...hmm. Did you previously leave your iPod in open heat for a long period of time, maybe spill some Root Beer...?

ive dropped mine in water and its still fine, left it in the car in the sun too but that just screwed up the screen (luckly with a little bit of a white lie i got it replaced on the warraty lol) maybe if its still under warranty and the USB cable is faulty theyl replace it free?

by the way SSBB like the avy. dont particuly like pokeheads either

When you plug it and go to My Computer does it show up there as a "device with removable storage"? Also, you may want to try and update the firmware, make sure everything is up to date.

and oh yeah, are you using Vista.

It's probably dead because Ipods suck. shoulda got a creative zen. You have nooooo clue how many Ipods do this and there is absolutely nothing wrong with the USB ports or cables, apple fails at something they started, thats kinda sad if you think about it lol. I seriously hear about these kinda problems every day.

Best MP3 player brands: creative zen, MS Zune, archos.

For smaller capacity players: all of the above plus samsung and sandisk.

Spiritshotgun said:
It's probably dead because Ipods suck. shoulda got a creative zen. You have nooooo clue how many Ipods do this and there is absolutely nothing wrong with the USB ports or cables, apple fails at something they started, thats kinda sad if you think about it lol. I seriously hear about these kinda problems every day.

Best MP3 player brands: creative zen, MS Zune, archos.

For smaller capacity players: all of the above plus samsung and sandisk.

Oh **** here we go again. No... people take the cases of crashed iPod and blow them up because of a personal beef against the brand. More people, like me, have never had problems with their iPod. my iPod worked perfectly for 5 years before I did something dumb and broke it.

Sure iPods have issues, but I've seen more than my share of broken, fried, and DOA Zens. My one friend went through 6 in one year....no lie. Every brand has their ups and downs, it's just preference

he didn't ask you what you though of iPods, he just wanted help. If you can't help him, shut up.

tank said:
Oh **** here we go again. No... people take the cases of crashed iPod and blow them up because of a personal beef against the brand. More people, like me, have never had problems with their iPod. my iPod worked perfectly for 5 years before I did something dumb and broke it.

Sure iPods have issues, but I've seen more than my share of broken, fried, and DOA Zens. My one friend went through 6 in one year....no lie. Every brand has their ups and downs, it's just preference

he didn't ask you what you though of iPods, he just wanted help. If you can't help him, shut up.

I did help. It isnt beef, it's just fact. Its the Ipod itself, nothing wrong with the USB cord and nothing wrong with the USB ports. So either send it in and get a replacement or get another brand.

Back