CyanRussel

2062-8990-6509 GET READY!
Mar 19, 2007
In my SSBB kingdom waiting for a challenge
Wii Online Code
3760-9059-7725-6846
Why Microsoft....why did you have to do this??:shocked:

Sony knocks Halo 3 graphics with Wikipedia vandalism
by Blake Snow | 09/04/2007 | 4:39:41 PM PST print comments [ 107 ] digg this! Share on Facebook An anonymous user logged onto a Sony Computer Entertainment of Europe internet connection reportedly downplayed Microsoft's Halo 3 graphics in an unsupported claim made on Halo's Wikipedia entry.

"I look better than Halo 2, dang it!"
According to Ars Technica, the following paragraph was modified by SCEE's Liverpool Offices before Wikipedia administrators removed the last line in bold:

"Halo 3, the third game in the best-selling Xbox game franchise, is a highly anticipated first-person shooter under development by Bungie Studios for the Xbox 360 and is expected to "set a new high water mark" for next-generation games, although it won't look any better than Halo 2."

To be fair, the Wikipedia entry could have been made by a non-Sony employee merely using internet access while on the premises. Additionally, Halo 3 graphics have been criticized for not matching the visuals of Gears of War, a game that was released last year on Xbox 360.

In January it was reported that one software engineer received money from Microsoft for favorably updating the company's Wikipedia entries.

Im just utterly shocked....so those are not their (Halo 3) visuals?

halo 3 visuals are awesome, imagine master chief at full realism but maintaining his cartoony look, its perfect imo. these claims are just stupid and it will never look as good as gears of war because of framerate issues. gears of war is a slow paced game while halo is a twitch FPS, you cant compare the 2 on a graphics level.

CyanRussel said:
Really??

Well i think you can compare them...also, i believe GOW does have better graphics than Halo 3...
it does have better graphics, and no you cant because if youve played both youd know gears is 4v4 stop and pop with not many explosions or guns firing at once where as halo is the complete opposite..its all about what you can pull off while keeping the framerate what you want it to be.

Ok...answer this question...are they both from the same Genre:Shooting?

If so, then yes you can compare them

I can understand Metroid and Halo....their both different: Metroid Action-Adventure.......Halo First-Person-Shooter all the way

But Halo And GOW i just cant......you gotta give me a better reason than just Explosion, Guns firing at once, or dare i say what you said... FrameRate issues.

CyanRussel said:
Ok...answer this question...are they both from the same Genre:Shooting?

If so, then yes you can compare them

I can understand Metroid and Halo....their both different: Metroid Action-Adventure.......Halo First-Person-Shooter all the way

But Halo And GOW i just cant......you gotta give me a better reason than just Explosion, Guns firing at once, or dare i say what you said... FrameRate issues.
well one is a third person shooter and the other is a fps technically.
there is no other reasons...im not just making this up either they talk on podcasts how people need to understand games wont be as good looking as gears because its a more slow paced game. framerate is the biggest issue here.

Sovieto said:
well one is a third person shooter and the other is a fps technically.
there is no other reasons...im not just making this up either they talk on podcasts how people need to understand games wont be as good looking as gears because its a more slow paced game. framerate is the biggest issue here.
But it seems to me that not that many ppl care about the FrameRate issue....it got a score that rivaled/bettered Halo you know...

CyanRussel said:
But it seems to me that not that many ppl care about the FrameRate issue....it got a score that rivaled/bettered Halo you know...
youre right, not many people care about framerate, but most dont know its the thing that controls how good graphics can be/how fast paced it can be. yeah gears did get a score to rival it but this is about graphics, yeah?

Sovieto said:
youre right, not many people care about framerate, but most dont know its the thing that controls how good graphics can be/how fast paced it can be. yeah gears did get a score to rival it but this is about graphics, yeah?
Your right....but if you were to have a picture tooken of it both being played.....which one do you think would have better lighting/pixel upon pixel/shading.....you already know what i mean, :Graphics:

CyanRussel said:
Your right....but if you were to have a picture tooken of it both being played.....which one do you think would have better lighting/pixel upon pixel/shading.....you already know what i mean, :Graphics:
gears would of course.

I didn't like GOW very much. The discoloration was a major turn off, and the difficulty of having multiple buttons to push at once was a turn off as well. This was my first 360 game, and I didn't play more then 1 minute.

I'm not saying GOW is a bad game, but personally it's no good for me. The graphics in halo 3 have beaten GOW by far.

Sovieto said:
gears would of course.
Exactly...and they both were in action of course, when the picture was taken.....

Although you might be right about when they start shooting, and the screen starts to slow....*i have yet to see that*

D S said:
The graphics in halo 3 have beaten GOW by far.
By Far?!?

You've got to be kidding me...

What I saw in GOW was nothing but dark shading, and dark gloomy feeling. It almost made me feel like an emo made the game. I saw almost no color, and that is what makes the graphics such low class for me, color adds to the look and the feel of graphics.

D S said:
What I saw in GOW was nothing but dark shading, and dark gloomy feeling. It almost made me feel like an emo made the game. I saw almost no color, and that is what makes the graphics such low class for me, color adds to the look and the feel of graphics.
Are your "Eyes" ok....?

(Well if thats what you think, i cant stop you from thinking that....you are entitled to your opinion.....lets just leave it that!)

No, My eyes are half asleep.
I am not saying GOW sucked big time. The graphics were indeed equal to halo 3(or maybe a little less) HOWEVER the lack of feel, killed it.

Back