Is SSBB the Final Frontier for Wii Graphics?(warning spoilers)

Vedelkin10

Henshin A Go Go Baby!
May 31, 2007
Well as SSBB is comming to our consoles slowly, But surely- the amount of graphics that were last impressive to the eyes of gamers that owned a Wii would say that Zelda TP was the only impression it has made to gamers that gave a sense of realism to the field- But as it looks Brawl May be the Peek of the Wii's Graphical boundries,

hidden01_080201d-l.jpg

Now what your probably thinking is that "Why is he ripping on the wii for not having the best graphics D<"- Actually im doing the exact opposite- I'm saying that brawl may be the best looking game YET for the Console wars (And yes they are still going on..) If anything im saying that the Wii does have a good amount of Graphics in it, It's just that great games like Brawl Usually don't come around enough to show them-

So who else see's the beauty in this game?

i see the beauty. i think other games will surpass it graphically though. eventually. like the new tales game, someone who forgoes motion control in order to polish up the gfx will make a better looking game than brawl, but not by much.

Please look up fragile and fatal frame and wait for factor 5 and capcom to spiffy things up a tad. Brawl is great because it shows they do have access to shaders and lots of them and even the texture resolution is way better. As time goes along and more people get their hands on nintendoware which was announce or is going to be announced at GDC the graphics whores will be drowned in drool! LOL

Brawl is good yet I think we will still get to say wow a few more times.

Also too the fact that the game fatal frame is seen as a joint project is big because the nintendo ware thing is fairly new are they using it on this project!!?? I'm starting to think that those pics are not CG at all. I also remember the GC having this crazy compressor for textures also. If this is true then maybe part of the deyal on brawl was to use some of this tech. Man do I want to see this nintendoware thing and what it does offer! So curious!

Last edited:
brawl looks amazing, but don't kid yourself. the wii just can't stand up to the graphical power of the ps3 or 360. it's not that games aren't utilizing the wii's capabilities, the wii simply isn't capable of HD graphics.

the reason we chose to purchase a wii in the first place was for the gameplay, so let's not worry so much about how clearly we can see the boogers on wario's moustache, hmm?

Man, the damn Mario world 1 stage has beautiful graphics.

The background looks really cool.

Also, the Final Destination stage's background is super awesome also.

Yeah I saw the Final Destination stage on you tube and was like DAMN! I want more 2d games damn it! Nothing beats 2d art not even the new street fighter 4!

No one cares about 360 level graphics no one is talking about that and while we are at it the 360 can do crysis style graphics so there...LOL Any way brawl shows that the Wii is doing a lot better than a GC graphics wise... I mean this game looks good!

Well on the gamecube melees graphics were very good compared to other gamecube games. Brawl has broughten wii graphics to a new leval.

I think Brawl will be very near the top of the Wii's graphical capabilities, if not the very top. Honestly, Metroid Prime 3 set the bar pretty damn high, and surprisingly, so did Super Mario Galaxy...which was very "cartoony" but still, the shading and texturing blew away anything the Gamecube could have done.

Brawl's gonna look freakin awesome. And I'm not excited because I'll be able to see "the boogers on Warios' stache" it's because the Wii needs to have these great grahpics seen by people who think it's just a weak little machine compared to the might of the PS3....everyone already knows it'll never compare to the HD graphics, that conversation has been had 1000 times.
It's still great to marvel at the Wii's graphics getting better and better! But seriously, why does everyone overlook MP3?? That game had the best graphics of any Wii game yet. In parts, they were even better than much of Bioshock on the 360. Honestly! Not in terms of "HD", but in pure artistic execution, they were fantastic.

AoWFraggit said:
brawl looks amazing, but don't kid yourself. the wii just can't stand up to the graphical power of the ps3 or 360. it's not that games aren't utilizing the wii's capabilities, the wii simply isn't capable of HD graphics.

the reason we chose to purchase a wii in the first place was for the gameplay, so let's not worry so much about how clearly we can see the boogers on wario's moustache, hmm?

Officers! Arrest this man for stealing the words right out of my mouth!:yesnod:

Couldn't have said it better myself.

what i'm wondering is what is the future smash bros and wii (2?) going to be like

I wonder whether whether there will be a wii2...or if they will go back to a regular console controller.

I never say "for a Wii game." I say it looks "good", period. It's good, not "good for a Wii game" as some people say.

Last edited:
Back