Is the Console worth it?

Adzz02

WiiChat Member
Feb 23, 2007
I am thinking about purchasing a Nintendo Wii Console.
I know most of you on here will say it is worth it, but i would like to know:

- Is there any problems with the console (or acessories)?
- Rating out of 10.
- Cost of the console (and does it include any extras & where can i buy from).

Thankyou. :D:D

Pro's
Motion sensor controls is fun
virtual console for retro titles
Zelda
wireless NEC card built in

Con's
only comes with 1 remote + 1 nunchuk, so possible addons would be 2nd controller and nunchuk, component cable for 480p, classic controller for SNES games from virtual console, router or USB dongle if you don't have wireless router access point already
Doesn't have HD (1080i/p)

Overall its a great system... if you are they type of gamer who needs the latest and greatest in graphcis, you'll probably want Xbox or PS3... but if you want a good fun system (with adequate graphics) where the focus is more on gameplay, then the Wii is better suited.

Adzz02 said:
I am thinking about purchasing a Nintendo Wii Console.
I know most of you on here will say it is worth it, but i would like to know:

- Is there any problems with the console (or acessories)?
- Rating out of 10.
- Cost of the console (and does it include any extras & where can i buy from).

Thankyou. :D:D

No problems, i love the wii
hmmm, i am not good a grading, but i will say i love the wii, its a lot of fun and will be over a 10 once online play comes out and all of the great games, SSBB, SMG, Mario strikers, Madden 07 is great, madden 08 i hope will have online play.

Great price for a great console!

Thanks guys. :)
Any ideas for prices (Console, Extras, a couple of games and any other accessories i will need)?
and where i can purchase from?

lol good luck on that they cant keep them ont he shelf.. seems the best bet is toys-r-us,target,and a few other department stores... 250 console with contorller nunchuck and wii sports.. then another contorller and nunchuck is like 60 bucks.. bluetooth.. yay expensive..

i love my wii!

i am based in the uk, and over here the price is £180 with wii sports and a wiimote/nunchuck

also in the uk another wiimote and nunchuck = £45 ( i think )

games are about £ 30/40

where do u live US? 250 for the console $40 per wiimote $20 for a nunchuck and 20 for a classic controller. games are 50, wii points card are 20 for 2000 points... a console is hard to get so call stores like walmart,target, best buy, eb, gamestop, ask them when they are going to get them,. Games u can pick up any of those places, most should have them. Controllers r a little hard to get.

Thankyou very much for the help. :):)

(By the way, i live in UK).

Might consider getting one asap. :)

then try game gamestation hmv shops like tht but it is still in high demand so u mite have to preorder

Oh,dont think about it!!!The wii is the best,beleave me,i went to about seventy differint sites about the wii and which is better,AND the wii came out the faviourite!!!I'd say buy it pal.P.S reserve one too!!!!!!!

Let's put it like this:
Wii Console(Includes console, Wiimote, Nunchuck, and Wii Sports game)- $250
Extra Wiimote- $40
Extra Nunchuck- $20
Classic Controller- $20
Games- $50 or less
SD Card- ???
GC controller- $20-30
GC memory card- $20
The Wii's gameplay- priceless

so you decide

I think the console is worth it simply due to its innovative use of gyoscopic motion sensing technology and backward compatibility through the virtual console.

Haven't had any problems with my console

I would give it an 8.5/10. Despite the few stinkers, most of the games are fun. The innovation and simplicity is a key winning feature of the Wii. In addition, you can play many classic Nintendo and Sega Genesis games. The graphics could have been a little better though, it only runs on 480 progessive scan with component input, or good old SD at 480 interlaced with the composite input.

I am not too happy with how much Nintendo is charging for these controllers, you have to spend $40 for the Wiimote, 20 for the Nunchuk, and another $20 for the classic controller. So for an extra set of controllers, you will have to spend at least $60, and if you want to play some of the Super NES or more complicated classic games, you will have to shell out another $20 for the classic controller, not to mention if you want to play those classics with a friend.

Back