It's finally happened...

Dude_

WiiChat Member
Mar 7, 2011
Utah
I don't play this game as much as I used to. Since I hit level 53- I've got all I ever wanted. (proximity mines, strata, LAOD, etc) Now, I get host quit 4 out of 5 times; even on Licence To Kill mode! I'm made other profiles to try simulating that 'fighting up the levels' experience, but it's just not the same. You know what would make this game better? Not having to play for 6 months just to unlock everything. Make the XP requirements less. Why work so hard to get everything unlocked, just so some butt-hurt level 36 can host-quit you when you'r really kicking @$$. I don't believe in 'clans', or whatever, because you get stale fighting the same people. I'm afraid to get level 54 because I'm gonna put that Grenade Launcher on my Terralite and blow the f*ck out of everyone. I guess I need to get ready for a lot more host-quits...
Thanks for reading my rant.

Hey, I know how you feel. Being a level 56 I get several host quits a day. I consider getting to host my own game as a blessing.
But personally, I like being level 56. It removes the need to succeed and to win, because you used to be fighting for the XP, but since that doesn't matter at that level you can just play for fun. If you lose at level 56, you lose. If you lose at level 53, you frustratingly lose a lot of XP that you could have gotten.
IDK, I just feel like at this level, there's no longer as much pressure as there was. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

As a fellow lvl 56, I'm on the same page as Volcarona. Now I play for the pure fun of it just like I did with Bond 64. The other awesome part is jumpin up rank on the leaderboard, legitimately. I take pride in knowing I rank with the best of em.

I agree Host Quits are obnoxious, and I rarely plan on someone else's server for more than 2 or 3 games until they quit. But I play in a block of maybe 1-5 hours in a day, so I'll typically come up as Host in the first half hour or so, and then I just play for a couple hours straight (try to make sure I get at least 10k in one sitting).

I am absolutely playing for XP at this point. I know this game is keeping me from other things in life, but I hate putting in this much time to not get to the top. While my rank has been as high as one of the top 60 people, I'm fighting to stay in the top 300 right now. I know I'll likely never be in the top 100 again, and I'm ok with that, but now at 54, I will hit 56 before I turn those few hours of Goldeneye into a 'more productive' me.

But yes, once I'm at that rank, I will make sure I play every game level on every map, get my direct grenade impact kill, and finally rank up the PP7 and Sigmus that I'm still missing proficiencies. Not to mention the real fun will begin without me checking the scores after every death making sure I'm number one...

Yeah, I guess I get a little ansy striving for that last 15k-20k of xp for my next level up. Now that I got a grenade launcher on my Anova, the game's a little more fun. Combined with proxies and LOAD, half my kills come from explosions! ahhh, good times.

Back