Jack Thompson and violence in video games.

wii_cammy said:
What about loose_cannon ask her

Bare in mind that she's a cop, I mean sure someone will kick up a fuss if a cop goes there protesting about something...

Or they might not want her to go?

But we'll just have to see :)

Corey Brotherson had mentioned JT in a previous article of his and the resulting discourse was very similar to what has been posted herein - I personally don't subscribe that the issue is the recent appalling shootings per se - although sad as they are, but believe that the real problem [relating to this thread] is that JT is allowed by the media to spout; what is extensively; propaganda for his cause without any real common sense being pulled out of the bag by anyone but gamers themselves.

We could all say, for example; "...a child was killed crossing the road yesterday, seemingly in an attempt to emulate his favourite video game - Frogger - which was found in his collection...video games of this ilk should be banned etc.etc"

This is the type of example that media types can turn into mom and pop opinions without any basis whatsoever of course.

From what I have read, JT is; as is usual with dictator types; only preaching to the converted who listen but rarely take any significant action against the video game industry - if you read his website he sends out letters, 100's of them [mainly to Bill Gates!! - yeah! like he reads his own mail :) ] - and whips up a storm in the proverbial tea-cup of course - after all Killer7 is still on the shelves!!

If you have an opinion voice it, it's your right - if you take that opinion into the public domain - at least back it up with tangible facts to support that theory please...I own and play Killer7 and I aint killed anyone...yet (do do dooo)

Nuff said!

Rolex said:
We could all say, for example; "...a child was killed crossing the road yesterday, seemingly in an attempt to emulate his favourite video game - Frogger - which was found in his collection...video games of this ilk should be banned etc.etc"

So this is how it's going to end?

Goodbye world.

30 years ago

"My kids have just seen this film and now there going on a killing spree"

1million years ago
"uugggg cave painting to violent for ugg little ones it will turn them into killers uggg" Other cave person "ugg good"

Meh violence existed years before game came out

Jack Tompson is a joke. There is no evidence at all that video games had any role in what that guy did..he just goes out and blames games even then!!!
I wonder why he hates games so much....someone should shoot him...and when that day comes we'll mark it as a holiday and skip school and work alright guys :)

:lol: that loop was awsome! Adam Sesslar totally pwned Jack

Last edited:
If video games cause violence like he says, why hasn't he been attacked yet? He's probably the most hated guy by the video game community.
By him not being assaulted, its kinda contradicting what he's saying :lol:

Taills said:
If video games cause violence like he says, why hasn't he been attacked yet? He's probably the most hated guy by the video game community.
By him not being assaulted, its kinda contradicting what he's saying :lol:

Good Point :tard:

Fox News Clip.

Presenter asks Jack Thompson (Attourney, School Shootings Expert), to provide "value for our viewers"

How that saddens me. You have someone in the US described as a "school shootings expert" and no-one finds that scary.

Yes, I'm aware of who JT is and what he stands for.

<<<Gose off to play Katamari

Must roll things

Back