Just bought it

Marc

SuperWii
Mar 8, 2007
York
Wii Online Code
4103-3191-5795-3127
I'm not sure if this has been covered already, I looked through some threads but without reading them all it could take a while!!

I've noticed the talking sequences take ages and I must had the game on 10 minutes before I took over the game!

One reason why i started it then turned it right off. My brother said it goes through most of the first like 15 min of the game but i couldnt sit through it, i got to bored to fast. So that is 1 game of mine that i lost intrest in.

The worst thing about all the talking is that most of it doesn't matter. I am on world 6 and I can't tell you what level I was on the last time I read any of that crap.

Yeah all the useless "dialog" is a frequent complaint about this game. The humor is... bizarre... and you get to the point where even mashing on the buttons as fast as you can doesn't progress the stupid chatter along fast enough so that you can get back to actually playing the game.

I was hoping for something of the instant-gratification level of SMB on the NES, but holy freakin' crap... I can't imagine any of my friends having the patience to deal with the annoyances of this game. Which is a shame, since the real gameplay parts are pretty fun and I enjoy the retro aspects a lot.

Agreed, there's far too much talking in this game. Usually it's painfully obvious what I have to do without the game telling me in the most drawn-out way possible. Most of the jokes aren't funny enough to warrant such long cutscenes. Oh yeah, and chapter 2-3 (the one where you have to earn "rubees") is no fun at all. The game is at its best when it's plain, normal gameplay.

Back