Just Played IT!!

Homesrfan

ftw
Nov 1, 2006
It was so cool! I played it in a Gamestop. It was so much fun. I created a Wii and played Excite Truck. Excite Truck wasn't really all they great. It was okay, but for some reason I kept wanting to use the arrow buttons to control which way I was going! It was really hard for me and sometimes, when I turned the controller, it didn't turn as sharply as other times. Overall it was pretty fun but really hard for me.
But what I loved was - the people that came in and saw me play it. It was so cool! I was playing it and some kids came up and they were like "What is that? The new XBox?" I laughed and said, "The Nintendo Wii!". A few people started to watch when they came in. I heard a lot of "woahs". Then some guy told his friend to "keep it in his pants." when he saw me playing it. The bad thing was that they didn't have internet, which I knew the wouldn't because that doesn't start until launch.

Overall - very pleasing!

As for your concerns about the controller not turning as sharp as it did at other times, Lighting and sunlight effect the wii's motion capabilites and im shure with a well lit gamestop and ppl's shadows constantly going passes it could have played a roll. Also i notice when i played the wii, which i played wii sports, the wii-motes sensitivity to motion is extremely precise, if i would just alter the way i swung ever so slightly from the last one it would cause a difference. A good example of this is the green light, red light mini game in Monkey balls. You have to hold COMPLETELY still during the red light, if u move at all, i mean the least little bit it will know and bust ya.

Sunlight doesn't affect the motion sensing at all. Sunlight is a sensor-bar issue related only to the pointer functions of the Wii-mote, which Excite Truck doesn't use.

I want to go to a eb/gs and find a wii. but i really want to be excited when i get it and hook it up. So i deciced to not play it, i want to be realllly excited

im sure he means a Mii, the console is awesome im just hoping it doesnt flop like the dreamcast did.... i mean both companies put alot into advertising, but alot more NON games are coming into the ring, i played it at gamestop and nearly convinced some old people to buy it haha fun fun

Back