L Button

WiiFTW

GiR...
Dec 22, 2007
New York, NY
Wii Online Code
7268-3754-5027-1415
Do DS's L buttons usually stop functioning? Mine recently stopped working and it really wasn't my fault or anything. It like first stopped responding after a couple tries, like every 10 times I hit the L button only 7 times worked. And like right now, it doesn't work at all. Any solutions?

I'm guessing you have a DS phat. It's quite a common problem. Dust is getting into your buttons so what you need to do is turn it upside down continuously tap it and blow hard into it. That should normally cure your problem, but that doesn't prevent it, it pretty much blocks it until the next time the button decides to stuff up.

Still. It's more than likely due to dust buildup.

You can look up a guide to take apart the DS (You'll need a tri-wing screwdriver) and clean the babe up.

But I think it'd be better to send it in. I don't think if I took it apart, it would still be under warranty

My friend had the same problem with his DS Lite. . . I hope nothing happens to mine. The DS Phat is invincible though as far as I can tell.(dropped mine a couple million times)

LOL My friend cracked his Touchable front screen of his Phat. The DS Lite sucks. Besides the light weight, it's hinges break easily and many other problems occur. It even has a shorter battery span I think. But I still prefer the Lite then the Phat

WiiFTW said:
LOL My friend cracked his Touchable front screen of his Phat. The DS Lite sucks. Besides the light weight, it's hinges break easily and many other problems occur. It even has a shorter battery span I think. But I still prefer the Lite then the Phat
Are you being sarcastic I'm really not sure.

Anyway the DS Lite batteries last forever on the 2 lowest brightnesses.

Im currently using my old DS phat because my lite broke when I droped it on the car seat :lol: . But on my DS phat the R button sometimes gets jammed and i have the use the pic to pry it loose. I suggest that you try what massi4h said and check for dust. Thats what normally used to happen with GBA games.

JAKE196 said:
Are you being sarcastic I'm really not sure.

Anyway the DS Lite batteries last forever on the 2 lowest brightnesses.

I'm not being sarcastic and I play in my bio class and after like 1 hour and 30 minutes non stop it turns red.

Back