lan adaptor not working

kieth_bulm

WiiChat Member
Feb 14, 2008
hello, i purchased the lan adaptor from nintendo and i can't get it to work.i get error code 51422 , i tried the fixes for this error from nintendos website. im not very tech savy when it comes to router settings. any help would be appreciated, thanks.

kieth_bulm said:
hello, i purchased the lan adaptor from nintendo and i can't get it to work.i get error code 51422 , i tried the fixes for this error from nintendos website. im not very tech savy when it comes to router settings. any help would be appreciated, thanks.

eazy had the same problem yesterday(as you all know) all you have 2 do is go on ur compputer. then goto control panel. thsn firewall. there you will see three options. go to the ADVANCED tab and put in ur wii's ip address. it should fix the problem
OR go back to ontrol panel and go to network/network places and click on that. then keep on pressing continue until it says something about modem. click the bullet shared.- this is the easiest way for untech peeps
hope that helps :)

First make sure the console is turned OFF. Then try to connect. Make sure you have it hooked up right. You should have the LAN adapter plugged into a USB port in the Wii, plug an ethernet cord into it, then plug the other end into a wired/wireless router or an ethernet jack. Also try another ethernet cable. If a different one fixes the problem, it was because the first one had issues. Call Nintendo if you can't get it to work at all.

i have tried different ethernet cables, still doesnt work. its hooked up right, i tried the idea you gave, still wont connect. thank u for the attempt at solving my problem.

i finally figured it out. i wasnt turning the power off of my wii when connecting the lan adaptor. the wii had the red light on still. I pulled the power cord and power cycled my modem and router. haha such a simple solution.

Back