laziness on Sakurai part concering ganondorf

King Rome

Da king
Mar 3, 2008
New jeresy
This is what really bugs me about ganondorf. Two major zelda games has came out since melee. Wind waker and twilight princess. In both of these games ganondorf uses a SWORD. He uses his own weapon. How hard would it had been to give ganondorf a comptley original move set

I'm okay with it, and I happen to be a Falcon player.

The main reason I'm fine with this is that I'm sick of all the sword-wielding characters. It seems as though half the roster has swords.

In Brawl his move set is different. I can't remember who said it but someone did: Every character has at least one move that some one else does. I.E. would Kirby and Pit be called clones because they can jump 5 times? No.
Also someone else said Nintendo wanted to showcase Ganondorfs power (since he holds the Triforce of Power) and if they had him dependent on a sword it would be the damage the sword does not the damage he does.

pretty hard... there's already a half dozen sword wielding characters... and two of them are from zelda... so another combat zelda character makes more sense... plus i find him more tough and ... manly if you will haha with punches rather than swords... just me though

Subarnu said:
In Brawl his move set is different. I can't remember who said it but someone did: Every character has at least one move that some one else does. I.E. would Kirby and Pit be called clones because they can jump 5 times? No.
Also someone else said Nintendo wanted to showcase Ganondorfs power (since he holds the Triforce of Power) and if they had him dependent on a sword it would be the damage the sword does not the damage he does.

Im not saying he is a clone im just saying he could have had a original move set. also about what spiff-ssbb that would be a resaonable reason.

to Subarnu: about the five jumps, that was ME man! haha thanks for the reference :)

and his move set is similar to CF's but its different in a few ways... i can explain if you want

Haha I wasn't sure or not but good point! :p

Subarnu said:
Exactly Sub, I've pointed this out as well. How manly would a guy his size look using a sword. A man of this caliber in power uses his fist to show foes their doomsday. It fits him more to me. Did you see the sword he has for his taunt? seems like if he used it he'd become weaker since it looks so fragile x3

lol Douten you were probably the other person I was "quoting"

Douten said:
Exactly Sub, I've pointed this out as well. How manly would a guy his size look using a sword. A man of this caliber in power uses his fist to show foes their doomsday. It fits him more to me. Did you see the sword he has for his taunt? seems like if he used it he'd become weaker since it looks so fragile x3

I know. I was hoping the were going to give him a gaint ax or giant sword like my man Astaroth from soul calibur

Subarnu said:
Doesn't he have a different sword? I could be wrong (or thinking about someone else) but doesn't he wield a big sword that is pretty thick and rounds at the end? http://www.geocities.com/ssbmgalaxy/ssbmpicganondorf.jpg
Yeah that's his melee sword. SSBB he has a thinner one, from what I can tell looking at the vids. I wouldn't mind if he uses that sword, but no sword works well too.

The sword he has in Brawl has history behind it but it doesn't look as cool(or powerful) as the Melee one

Douten said:
it glows... and has been inside of him

Back