Link's Final Smash: NOT A one-hit KO

GigaRidley

Ouroboros
Jan 24, 2008
Larchmont, NY
Wii Online Code
4005-0628-2206-3853
Well, I was looking on youtube at characters movesets and I decided to watch Link's. Now these videos not only have the movesets but also have the character's final smash. So I was very surprised to see that at the end of the video, Link did his final smash and yoshi didn't die!
Now, I am aware that if the victim hits an object whille they are flying away, they may be saved. But the field for this demonstration was final destination, and yoshi didn't hit anything as he was sent flying! Here's the link to the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7wGdb8QOcI&feature=related
Any thoughts?

Yeah I thought it was a One-Hit KO too but that comes across as a little cheap, no HUGE surprise, I'll get over it.

Yeah, I'm actually not TOO surprised, I didn't think sakurai would've put such a powerful move in the game.

It's still a good move though, Yoshi was dealt over 70% with that one final smash!

maybe because link used his fs on yoshi at 0%?

most (if not all) final smashes require you to do a decent amount of damage to an opponent before being able to k.o. them.

if not, fs would take no strategy at all!

Its an automatic hit FS that deals 70+ dmg. The FS's that take more skill kill in 1 hit..

Yeah, his Smash is one of the harder ones to do, because you and your opponent need to be on the same level, and your opponent needs to be facing you as well.

Its still a good Smash though, and is one of the more interesting looking ones.

Someof the oter ones require alot more skill but ave more devestating results. For example, zelda's instantly ko's your opponent no matter where you are on the stage, but it is extremly hard to hit them.
But also like Kirby, he automatically pulls them into the pot but it does less damageand has little knockback.

yeah i saw a video of link doing his final smash on samus and samus recover ing from it so yeah

snakes final smash isnt a 1 hit ko either, but he gets 12 hits, if you use em right, it can be a 1 hit ko

lesson to be learned = don't use fs without thought.

smack your opponents around for a little bit, THEN unleash all hell! :yesnod:

Back