Livebox- thanks for all your help !

lionman

WiiChat Member
Nov 29, 2006
I fianlly bit the bullet and decided to set up the Wii to connect to my Orange Livebox router. Having spent some timwe reading over some of your posts on the subject I set off armed with all the info I thought I might needs...after two failed attempts (down to me I might add), changing a few settings, I am now up and running....20 minutes later. All working fine now with Orange light aglow...just waiting for my first blue light surge......:lol:

Thanks again ....the users of this site are the greatest :yesnod:

Hi I'm wondering if you could maybe help. I've been trying to connect to the livebox but keep getting error code 51330. If you have any ideas or maybe tell me what settings you changed please.

no worries. Open the livebox configuration settings on your pc ans as long as you have a firewall on your pc cahnge the settings ....look see this..this refers to DS settings but to be honest it was what i did. You may also need to set it for WEP only although got mine currently working on both settings...

1. Change your Livebox configuration. Go to http://configuration.adsl/index2.html which should open your Livebox configuration page on your browser. Use your Orange or Wanadoo or even Freeserve login username and password here. Now go to Configuration -> Advanced -> Wireless and choose the WEP Security Only option. After you submit this your Livebox should flash a bit so give it 5 minutes to adjust itself. On the same window click to Security -> Firewall and choose ‘low’. As long as you have a Firewall on your PC you’ll still be safe. Now click ‘System Information’ as we’ll need all this info in a minute.

Make sure that whe you ask the wiii to search for an open line that you press the button 1 on the side of the Livebox so that it pairs with the wii.

Good luck..if any probs message me via my lionman profile

Hey lionman, grats on getting your Wii online. Now get going and add some friend codes soldier! :lol:

weemuck said:
Hi I'm wondering if you could maybe help. I've been trying to connect to the livebox but keep getting error code 51330. If you have any ideas or maybe tell me what settings you changed please.

also.....use the search engine at right of page once logged in..type livebox and read..it gives lots of advice for us brits using this router.....i can assure you it works but as i said above any probs....message me via my profile and i will help out if i can

Hey thanks very much lionman thats me up and running now :D . Your help is very much appriciated keep up the good work. Oh and what is a friend code sorry to be a pain but I'm new to this Wii thing.

weemuck said:
Hey thanks very much lionman thats me up and running now :D . Your help is very much appriciated keep up the good work. Oh and what is a friend code sorry to be a pain but I'm new to this Wii thing.

no wories..glad it helped out..must admit i was a bit nervous about doing it myself. Friend codes are the codes tyou can put in of others using wii online to excange miis, messages and pics. I havent used them myself and not sure i will but there are plenty of bods on here that use them and i am sure can give you some better advice on how to use. Well done..hope it stays working so far 24 hrs lata mine ok

Back