Mac users creating a wifi network??

timdouglas90

Wii Musician
May 17, 2007
Birmingham
Wii Online Code
4952-8100-0196-4738
hey, wondering if any mac user has created a wifi accesspoint with their mac, and used it as an access point for the wii (and worked to connect to the internet). I basically need to know the settings and how to actually get the damn internet working from my wire, broadcasting to my wii...hope you guys can help :)

Cheers,

Tim

lol:p bit of a crap hole i think :p wanna move to devon constant holiday :p

cheers,

Tim

open your system preferences, and click on sharing. now, click the internet "tab." choose where you would like to share your connection from (Most likely your ethernet cable) and then choose "To computers using AirPort." finally, click the "airport options" button and choose to use a 128-bit WEP key (i've found this is the only way for the Wii to connect -- something about the airport configuration i think). make a 13 character password and click "ok." now, at the original screen, click start. you can confirm it is working by looking in the upper right corner of the screen where airport usually displays. instead of a wi-fi connection, it will show an arrow pointing upwards.

hope that helps.

Wow! thanks a shed load! saved me a lot of money there :D was a piece of piss i gotta say but hell im too dumb to figure something like that out, thanks lots lots lots lots lots lots and lots!!!!!

ta,

Tim

thanks for the info.. .weird huh.. i have been trying w/ our imac g4, powerbook, airport extream base station, imac intel to share and all wont work. ill try the wep thingy later.

Back