Major League Baseball

Nov 17, 2007
Jersey
Wii Online Code
7072-6720-4419-1341
Can't find where the original thread went, but I figured we could start a new one since the 2008 season is coming up soon. Spring training is less than a month away, opening day 2008 is on March 31 (yay it starts early this season). I can't think of who else is playing that day except my boys, the Mets. So what is anyone else's thoughts?? Who's your team & how far to do think (or want them to) they will get??

As for the Mets, it couldn't get any sweeter this offseason. I mean Omar Minaya made a few moves here & there (my 2nd favorite to Santana being getting rid of Mota, my not so favorite trading Milledge, but at least we have 2 catchers that can throw now), but Johan Santana in a Mets uni is something I didn't see after the 2007 season ended. Not only that, but not having to give up Fernando Martinez seemed almost unreal to me as well!!! Only thing I think they should do now is sign another pitcher that can eat innings & add stability to the back of the rotation. That particular pitcher would be Livan Hernandez (El Duque's half brother). It's become obvious that El Duque is way too injury prone to stay in the rotation & moving him to the pen could bolster the pen as well. If there's anything else I'm more excited about than seeing Johan pitch, it's the return on Duaner Sanchez.

My expectations as far as the rotation:
Johan will get 18 wins & pitch the Mets 1st ever no hitter.
Pedro will get 12,13 wins, Johan takes a lot of pressure off of him since he doesn't have to be the ace.
Maine will get 16 wins.
Perez will get 14 wins, may eclipse 200 k's if he stays consistent. He's got one of the nastiest sliders I have ever seen.
If Livan comes along, 11 wins, the least of the rotation, but along with Johan, pitches over 200 innings.
Pelfrey/El Duque is too hard for me to predict because Duque seems to be out longer each year on the DL & Pelfrey got off to a pretty bad start, but near the end of the season looked much better...

1d06fc92d482ac3bee4b6339dd8b7b48-ge.jpg

Last edited:
I'll find it and have Syntax move it over here, but yea Johan in a Met's uniform, who knew. I thought for sure he'd end up on the Yankees or Red Sox.

ohhhh yess he looks damn good in orange and blue...great year to be a Met fan.

As for Livan they have already said they are not goin after him or any other pitcher, they are content with wat they have (can u blame them?) main reason why they arent goin for him is cuz there bullpen already is jam packed they have 5 guys fighting for that last spot come spring training. Also to add if u look at the stats of last season El Duque was there best pitcher.
Yea i was pretty bummed when they traded Lastings also but hey for wat we got it doesnt look THAT bad.
And keep Fernando and still gettin Johan was a complete shock to me but i am SOO glad it happened

$137.5 million over 6 years, they can't afford to go after any other pitchers. That is just f***ing stupid, he's not worth that much, no player deserves to be paid as much as he's going to be and as much as A-rod gets paid. Win a Championship then I won't be as hostile.

lol yea ur soo right as much as i love him being a Met, the whole money situation is getting out of hand. even players u never heard of are landing monster contracts, wish i went towards baseball in high school instead of football..:lol:

ohh and that Championship u mention, dont worry its comin!

I'm really excited this year, thanks to the Mets, my favorite team hands down. Last year was really depressing at the end, so I'm hoping they'll take care of the Phils and quiet all my annoying friends that like them.

Big_League_Slugger said:
GO FISH, win more than 71 games please:crazy:
Haha, poor BLS, hopefully the Fish surprise you this year and finish around .500, :D.

(Go Padres)

Earlier I heard that Schilling might be out for most of if not the entire year, thoughts?

Can we stop talking about Pedro and the cockfight? I could care less, PETA can kiss my ass, and people need to stop thinking the U.S. is the moral compass for the world. Get the f*** over yourselves. (Sorry people piss me off.)

Yeah, I wonder where the thread I started went. Thanks for starting a new one as I was lazy and rarely updated it. Here's hoping to a year of seeing Kevin Frandsen, Fred Louis, Dan Ortemier, Rajae Davis, etc. become superstars.

Reality: 100 losses coming right up.

Today is the hearing for McNamee and Clemens, I'm curious to how this is going to play out.

yea me to, starts up at 10am eastern here...also wat do u guys feel about wat John Rocker has said..saying that he failed a steriod test in 2000 and the Texas Rangers trainging staff coach them on how to use steroids properly. He also said A-Rod, Pudge and Palmerio (who already has been proven) were shown on how to use steriods.

I think we need to accept that HGH and Steroids have been used by today's superstars and that in reality they're only hurting themselves. I don't like the idea of letting them keep records set while on performance enhancers, but what else can we do. I believe McNamee, but I think he should go to jail as well as Clemens. Clemens is obviously lying, McNamee is just dirty and was essentially a drug dealer to superstar players, I still think Clemens had/has pure talent and didn't need the drugs, but nonetheless I believe he used them.

Back