DBloke

An ancient one, banner of over a thousand acunts
Staff member
May 30, 2006
Super Mancyland
Wii Online Code
8041-7231-3447-6164
I blame the games noobs
A new Mario game not selling to well ?(granted im not a massive fan of Mario games or plaformers for that matter)

http://www.gamesradar.com/us/wii/ga...129105410390088&releaseId=2006050920347184001
Super Mario Galaxy's failure to sell in staggering numbers across America has led to the game being labelled a "borderline failure" by research analyst Michael Comeau, and that Nintendo's biggest Wii game will be a "huge disappointment" if it doesn't sell more than 3 million copies before the end of the year.
We'll put aside our opinions that a) sweaty-browed men in suits shouldn't talk about videogames, especially ones who can't make eye contact with the camera, and b) analysts can prove anything with numbers. Because we'd actually expect Galaxy to sell like crazy too. According to Comeau, it's all our fault.

Well, it's the fault of American Wii owners. Comeau explains that Wii gamers aren't "aggressive" with their cash - they just don't buy enough games. Unlike Xbox 360 gamers, for instance, who would probably sell their own kidneys (and a friend's) to buy all the month's new releases.
"I think Super Mario Galaxy is six times better - at least - than Halo 3," Comeau remarks rather specifically during his interview with US news site TheStreet.com. But the Wii gamers just aren't biting. Although, he does admit, Christmas presents will no doubt boost Galaxy sales. By about 5000%, we'd expect.

I dont doubt Galaxy sellin 3 million by the end of the year, wait till the holidays are over then look at the numbers....its the Wiis only hit game as of right now, so ofcourse people are gonna buy, just takes time.

True
For all wii know it could be xmas no one
Unless the noobs buy the lateset [insert massmarket game] like they do every year

I don't know how accurate this wiki list is but it has Zelda TP down as selling 3.61 million copies since release. Am I right in thinking that was a year ago? So Mario Galaxy will be a borderline failure if it doesn't shift the number of copies that Zelda did (in a year) in 2 months? Daftness!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_games

well on top of the list it says
This is an incomplete list, which may never be able to satisfy certain standards for completeness.
so i dont think it is fully accurate

He must be comparing Galaxy's numbers to Halo 3's numbers in America. You have to keep in mind that while the Wii has more worldwide consoles out, the XBox still dominates North America, and has about two million more consoles sold... for now.

I do agree somewhat that the average Wii owners doesn't spend nearly as much money on games as the average XBox owner. That combined with more XBoxes in circulation, means more numbers for Halo.

Nintendo reported that Mario Galaxy set the record for most copies sold in one week. But not selling 3 million in 2 months , requiring an almost 1:1 (Wii to game) ratio, is a "borderline failure"? That's why I don't listen to analysts.

It's because Americans will only buy games where you kill people with guns. That's why the 360 sells well over there, it's all that console has LOL

EVILFOXHOUND said:
It's because Americans will only buy games where you kill people with guns. That's why the 360 sells well over there, it's all that console has LOL

thats not true at all, you cant pass judgement on a whole country...i myself have a wii and a ps3 and own galaxy.

The reason Super Mario Galaxy isn't selling is because most kids have school to worry about and don't have time to buy it but I agree they'll start selling like crazy around Christmas

**** the sale numbers. This game is the highest rated game ever.

Plus most americans are stupid and only want really violent games.

I can't wait to play Super Mario Galaxy (Christmas is around the corner)

Nfanboy said:
Plus most americans are stupid and only want really violent games.

why would u make a comment like that...there is no need to say that...focus on wat the thread is about not passing ur judgement on a country....its just ridiculous the immaturity i find on this site.

Back