Mario Kart Wii to be Released April 2, 2008 (According to Gamestop)

Sillyhat

The Crusher
May 21, 2006
GameStop Claims Mario Kart Wii Coming April 2nd

Word has started spreading across the Internet that GameStop has been instructed to begin taking pre-orders for Mario Kart Wii and that the game will be releasing April 2, 2008.

We called several local GameStops and were able to confirm truth in this. All the stores we talked to claim that Mario Kart Wii will be releasing on April 2. Additionally, you can now pre-order the game at GameStop.
Editor's Take: It's hard to believe Mario Kart will be shipping so soon. We hardly know anything about the game. GameStop has been wrong in the past, so I wouldn't be surprised if the company's wrong again with Mario Kart Wii.

That'd be great release, not even a month after Brawl.

Link: http://wii.kombo.com/article.php?artid=11351

I work at GameStop and the email that I got this morning said that they are giving it an initial release date of April 2nd. When they get the actual release date from N then they will update their list. This game will not be out on April 2nd and it will more than likely be delayed. Even so, I was the first to preorder! Can't wait for this one, and it comes with the wheel.

doesnt kombo like know their stuff? a beginning of the month release date as well as middle or end is almost always false. not to mention nintendo delays games to build hype, among other things

Here's the kicker in the article.

According to Gamestop.

I wouldn't hold too much truth behind that release date.

I don't see it coming out then.
My money is on it being pushed back for the holidays..for a "holiday hit".

CantGetAWii said:
I don't see it coming out then.
My money is on it being pushed back for the holidays..for a "holiday hit".

Until December? No way. They won't delay it 8 months after stating a spring release, would they?

Still, I don't see an April 2 release date. It's too close to Brawl. I see it coming out in June, which doesn't bother me as I'll have neither the time nor the money to get it in April. Plus, I'll be busy with Brawl, I hope.

I really do hope they push it back. Otherwise, we'll be left with pretty much nothing for months and months.

oh geeze, dont even go by gamestops release dates. i mean..guitar hero 3 just came out like a month ago for ps3/360 according to them when in reality it was back in october. lol

basically what they do is if a game is schedualed for "Q1" they will pick a date and it will be a random date but they will eventually (for the most part) get it right once it's been announced.

Atomheart said:
Until December? No way. They won't delay it 8 months after stating a spring release, would they?

Still, I don't see an April 2 release date. It's too close to Brawl. I see it coming out in June, which doesn't bother me as I'll have neither the time nor the money to get it in April. Plus, I'll be busy with Brawl, I hope.

I really do hope they push it back. Otherwise, we'll be left with pretty much nothing for months and months.

It's Nintendo.. Every game they release gets delayed. Games such as Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Brawl just recently have been delayed 7-16 months.. if the game comes out before August it'd be a miracle. My personal guess.. October.

I hope that's the release date. It's not too far away, and it would come out right after Brawl.

Atomheart said:

Well no maybe not December, middle of November is kinda the Holiday area. However Galaxy was sold in this time frame, and many decided on buying and waiting until Christmas to get it.

And as far as we know Animal Crossing seems to be the only game that is coming out in that time slot, and that alone can not sell tons of copies. Mario Kart though, a game a lot of people are excited for will sell well. If Nintendo doesn't have any hits up their sleeves in that time also, Mario Kart will get delayed.

Anything can happen with delays, especially if the online in the game just isn't as spot on. We also haven't heard as much details of the game as we should have by now, which is another reason why I think we won't see it for a bit.

Brawl occupies Spring, Wii Fit in the Summer?..Kart takes over last quarter?
Seems logical to me.

Honestly, that would kinda upset me...I'd probably have to buy MP3 in the time between brawl and mario kart. I'm gonna love brawl, but breaks are going to be needed, and I'll probably have SMG and LOZ:Twilight princess beaten by then. I'm hoping for august or september for the release date of mario kart!

Dont see any date release for this game yet either it nothing on the gamestop site as well so no confirmation for this game release just yet but cant wait till it comes out and play it too... we prolly get this game around summertime or even at fall.

Last edited:
Update:
Reader S wrote in to give us more info on the Mario Kart Wii GameStop rumblings. This particular reader happens to be a Gamestop Senior Game Adviser, which puts him in a good position to know some info. Yesterday, his GameStop received an email with all sorts of Mario Kart Wii info. According to the email, the retailer could start taking official preorders (this we already knew). The game is confirmed to cost $49.99, and that is with the steering wheel included. Finally, the email clearly states that Mario Kart Wii will ‘be on shelves in April’. A huge thank you to S for the info.

Link: http://gonintendo.com/?p=34196

I'm going to take the spring one step at a time. I'll buy Brawl on it's release date then wait for awhile before I buy Mario Kart. As for the date, I'm sure it will end up being sometime in the summer or maybe even later.

Back