Mario Phone Message?

Jun 22, 2007
USA
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
So when I preordered SMG at Gamestop, the associate said I'd recieve a phone call saying when it was in. I already knew it would be in yesterday, so I didn't think too much of it.

To my suprise Gamestop comes up on caller ID, and I pick up. I say hello and there's a pause for a while. I figured it's a recording and all of a sudden I hear,

IT'S A MEEEE!!!! MARIO!!! I'M HERE TO TELL YOU THAT SUPER MARIO GALAXY!!!! IS IN YOUR LOCAL GAMESTOP!!!!!!!

And so on.... (It wasn't those exact words, but something to that effect.(

Anyone else recieve this phone message? It was very suprising and gave me a laugh. Just wondering if it applied to most Gamestop pre orders.

Lol, yeah my ears were hurting from his squeaking, yelling voice afterward. Very funny though.

In the message I got said the game was rated "M" for mature as well. My wife got the call and she was like "What? Since when are Mario games rated 'M'?" Our message said you had to be 17 to pick the game up with out a parent or gaurdian. It is "E" on the package, though.

Yeah I got this message too. Unfortunately I was in the shower at the time and I raced out thinking it might be an important call. I was like wtf is someone playing a joke on me, so I hung up, not knowing that it was Gamestop (never reserved there before).

manufan15 said:
So when I preordered SMG at Gamestop, the associate said I'd recieve a phone call saying when it was in. I already knew it would be in yesterday, so I didn't think too much of it.

To my suprise Gamestop comes up on caller ID, and I pick up. I say hello and there's a pause for a while. I figured it's a recording and all of a sudden I hear,

IT'S A MEEEE!!!! MARIO!!! I'M HERE TO TELL YOU THAT SUPER MARIO GALAXY!!!! IS IN YOUR LOCAL GAMESTOP!!!!!!!

And so on.... (It wasn't those exact words, but something to that effect.(

Anyone else recieve this phone message? It was very suprising and gave me a laugh. Just wondering if it applied to most Gamestop pre orders.

I did! Last night! It was voice actor for Mario, than he switched to Marois's voice and started talking bout the game! I thought it cute. I wish I was able to record it to sho a frew of my freinds.

Back