Mario Sports Mix Review

justinvwii

WiiChat Member
Jan 19, 2011
U.S.A.
Wii Online Code
8947-8411-0898-6411
MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!

I will update this as I play more of it. I played one game of every sport so I'm basing this review on that. The controls for all sports are easy to pick up. Be sure to do the tutorial, though. You might get confused at times with the controls but they are easy. Basketball was fun, especially dunking. Volleyball is easy and fun as well. Dodgeball was interesting. Hockey was different. Hockey was my least favorite mostly because when you switch characters during gameplay, the one you switched from just stands there for a second but then comes right back into play. I played each sport on easy and it was very easy because I won via blowout on each sport. 46-3, I think, in basketball. Haha. Remember that because I only played one game of each sport, I only saw four stages. I played at Mario's stage, Wario's stage, Koopa's Beach, and Toad's stage. I played as Mario and Yoshi for basketball, Peach and Daisy for volleyball, Donkey Kong and Wario for hockey, and Toad and Luigi for dodgeball. The special moves in the game are really cool and fun. I was very pleased with Luigi's in dodgeball. This is definately a game to play as a party game with lots of people. By yourself, just make sure it's on hard so there's a challenge. I haven't tried online but that's probably going to be fun with friends you can trust. Overall, this is a fun game and that's why we get games: to have fun. It's about what the players think, not anyone else. I think this is a fun game and I'm glad I got it.

I just played another game of each sport and it was a lot of fun. I played basketball on hard and it was very hard. I played at Luigi's Mansion and that's a tough stage. I like how the chandelier is the basketball hoop. :) I played hockey at Bowser, Jr. Blvd. and that may be my favorite place. I played dodgeball and had a lot of fun as Diddy and Bowser, Jr.. Jr.'s special move is really cool. Then I played volleyball as Mario and Luigi and that was great as well. I played all games on normal except for basketball and it was still pretty easy. Hard is hard and I haven't tried expert. I'm already used to the controls and it's only my second time playing. I'm having a blast with this game.

I played a game of volleyball at Luigi's Mansion this morning. I think the mansion is my least favorite because the lights turn off during gameplay which doesn't make it fun at all. Western Junction was pretty cool for basketball. The train came right through the middle of the court and dropped off bananas.

I played my first tournament this morning. It was hockey and I was Mario and Luigi. It was on normal and I won every match and the opponents total score at the end of the tournament...was zero! Haha. I won the trophy and I was very surprised with what else I won! Hehe. I also noticed the small detail like in Mario's rink, you actually see the character's breath and when you play hockey on grass, they wear roller blades instead of skates. I will be sharing my time with this game and Pokemon Battle Revolution that I just bought today as well as the other games in my sig.

For the first time, I played with a partner, my nephew. He's only five but he played well. Like I knew, much more fun with friends to play with. This morning, I won the Flower Cup in hockey and basketball. Played in Daisy's Garden and I like the inclusion of Petey Piranha. Strangely enough, I wish he did more to mess us up in hockey in addition to him spitting out that goo. Still having fun with this game. :)

What a surprise we have here! Just did the Star Cup for volleyball and...wow! What a surprise. All I can say. ;)

I've been playing this game some more this week. I unlocked a new character and I just completed the Flower Cup on Hard in all four sports, hockey being the last one. The championship game was between my team of Wario and Mario vs Diddy Kong and Yoshi (Light Blue). This was hard! Diddy and Yoshi opened up with three quick points and then grabbed some coins. They got to five points when I finally scored my first points. Thanks to coins, my score was three and that was it for that round. The opponents made it to eight. Second round began and I just could not pull off a move. The goalie was blocking everything, I had no opening to use an item. It was bad. Diddy and Yoshi got up to 12 points when I finally took over. Thanks to some special moves and coins, we tied it up. Afterwards, after every drop of the puck or coin, I took it up the rink, and scored. I scored five points that way and I would need all of those because with ten seconds left, they scored and had coins and made the score 17-16, me. Time expired and I win the Flower Cup! :)

Back