Mario strikers charged first review.....

Wiitime

the guy below- HES BACK!!
Oct 15, 2006
Wii Online Code
1405-1695-6567-5492
This isnt going to change my mind. It does dissapoint me that they said that it didnt live up to its full potential, but thats there opinion...... they have it a 6.5.. yet they didnt try online

http://gonintendo.com/index.php?paged=2

NGamer reviews Mario Strikers Charged
May 4th, 2007
NGamer had a chance to play a final copy of Mario Strikers Charged minus the online play.

Graphics:
The term gamecube+ suffices. The game looks as good as the Gamecube version, some extra graphic effects.

Sound:
Monotonous, predictable, boring. We heared three different songs in the entire game, mediocre quality. Where are the Mario tunes?

Gameplay:
Wiimote and nunchuck controls are OK, but so much more was possible? Waggling to do a sliding? Come on!

Long term:
Single player is short, with just a few cups and a few challenges, the lone gamer isn’t in for a treat.

Conclusion
Strikers charged doesn’t add anything to the previous part, nearly doesn’t use the capabilities of the Wii and doesn’t feel like a quality title. Will the online mode rescue it?

NGamer complains about the mega strike animations, seeing that you aren’t able to skip them. That’s the same as the first game. They also believe that using the Wiimote to block mega strikes feels gimmicky. I am holding final judgment until the game makes it to the states.

How can they judge the game without even playing online..?
That's pretty much one of the main reasons i'm buying it :shocked:

me too.. I think online is going go to be good.... i hope the controls are good and online play. I bet that 6.5 will go up with online play

i found this about the controls

http://www.nwiizone.com/nintendo-wii/nwii/mario-strikers-charged-wii-preview/ better then no motion senstive controls

The control method for Mario Strikers Charged is heavily based on traditional movements, using the analog stick for motion and face buttons for passing and shooting. The motion-sensitive controls are for only two defensive actions; slide-tackling (performed with a simple shake of the Wii Remote) and blocking of super-shots called Mega Strikes, where you must line up a goalies hands.

i cant say im upset that its like the GC version considering i liked it... The only reason it got a bad score was b/c it didnt use a lot of the controls motion sensor abilities and the graphics were the same. I dont mind that.. As long as the game is fun and online is good i am happy... I cant wait for this game.

StevenNevets said:
Online is still going to have the same graphics, sound, and controlls:rolleyes:

But Online add's a whole new part of the game.. :ihih:
Like I mean would halo 1/2 be as fun if it didn't have online play?

WiiHoldOnTight said:

It would still be "good" instead of "awesome".
Don't compare msc to halo lol...

i agree with them on some points, the graphics look horrible, and the "stopping the power shots" with the remote is so cheesy. i almost laughed when i saw it on the trailer.

Im having mixed feelings about this game, ill have to rent it first.

WiiHoldOnTight said:
No, but would Halo 1/2 be as fun if the whole game (single-player = base) sucked?
A sucky game with online play doesn't compare to a good game with online play.

I'm sure this review is lower then what the average will be but stil, expect 7.5-8.5 from other reviewers. Still doesn't put it in the same league with most Mario games.

Last edited:
The German "N-Zone" magazine has actually already reviewed it, too.
They gave the Singleplayer 79% and the Multiplayer got 86%. Not bad, not bad at all.

Well I'm not sure I quite trust their reviews, and not being able to play online could explain the low score like most of you are saying.

As far as graphics, there's no excuse for it to look like a GC game. The music and sound don't seem all that great either. Mario game music should be Marioish and slightly cartoony, not generic stadium sounds you'd find in most football/soccer games.

I'll wait for an IGN review though before I act on buying, their opinions tend to coordinate with mine.

Back