'Maturity' Rants

PtonJalken

Ptowwnaagee!
Dec 25, 2006
Canada
Wii Online Code
7740-5070-1158-5119
Wii 'Maturity' Rants

Ok, im just posting this to discuss the 'Mature' Crap about the Wii.

All ive been hearing lately from select people is that the Wii is for "Babies."

That is far from correct, The Wii is for Everyone. (As Nintendo Said, "we" to break down walls for people of all age/gender/likes and dislikes)

Sure, alot of the games right now seem slightly Childish (if thats a bad thing.. some of the funniest/entertaining games ive played were rated E or T)

There are many games coming out for more demanding gamers tho, COD3/Farcry etc are already out. And other games like Brothers in Arms, Resident Evil, Heroes etc are also coming out and im sure more will follow.

If anyone has read news lately, the sole rights of Grand Theft Auto (And many other games From the company that publishes them - i forget name right now, if you know it tell me) are coming to the Wii in the future. Now if Nintendo was going for a 'Kiddie Konsole' then im pretty sure they wouldnt of hounded down the publishers of GTA (One of the most disputed games in history for violence) etc for them to be on this console.

There will be many E-Rated Games probably dominating the Wii, but it sure as hell isnt going to only be them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54Ky2Pg4w-Y
That is a good link showing many upcoming games and some that are already released in japan. Yup, id sure let a 8 year old play em all. :prrr:

Last edited:
I thought this would of been a maturity rant about the forums, that would of been better :idea:

But on topic, Nintendo gave itself a cute and cuddly image when it was producing 'cartoon style' games while Playstation was focusing more on getting titles like GTA and Resident Evil.

This said, I do not find the console 'for babies'. I've supported Nintendo since the NES mainly because I prefer to play a few amazing games than loads of crap games.

Yea, another thing being that since they did create such games like on n64 (Banjo Kazooie, First game i got when i was a kid :p) those things stay with the name i geuss, plus all the super sony/ms fanboys exagorate it and spread it even more. Creating all this 'for babies' crap.

Your not going to convince the people that ***** about Nintendo games. I suspect many of them don't give games like Mariokart a chance because they contain animations or whatever. There is no denying that Nintendo releases lots of child directed titles, but as you said they are pursuing different routes of game titles.
On a side note my cousin, who loves games like Halo, would never play monkeyball because he continually claimed it was a kids game. Yet after we got him to play it a few times he loves it, and even bought the Wii version.

Pff.. those fanboys can say the Wii's childish. I don't care. I doubt they'd care if I took the 'mick' outta the obsession with Halo, or the lack of vibration in the PS3 controllers, because they still enjoy their consoles, so I don't see why I should be any different and change my mind about something just because somebody else said that I was wrong. Though you guys are right, games like Red Steel, Far Cry and such doesn't exactly apply for the younger age range.

true. but why wont ninty let us talk to random strangers in a lobby such as in xbox live? i want to know where people live and who they before i paly them online. nintendos online system just picks random bozos for you to play, id rather play single player than do that. let us communicate nintendo! headsets? hope so.

Back