Status
Not open for further replies.

zapasant

Where is your god now?
Aug 13, 2007
Canada
Wii Online Code
2887-9874-6238-6951
Medal of Honor Heroes 2 finally sees an official PAL release today for Wii, but even after a few months delay it seems Australians have received an inferior version of the game.

While both the NTSC and UK PAL versions of Medal of Honor Heroes 2 feature online play, it seems the Australian version of the game does not feature online functionality of any sort. According to reports from our readers, the front of the game's box does not display the Wi-Fi logo, with the back of the box neglecting to mention online support at all. We've also heard that the multiplayer option has been removed completely from the actual game.

This is a big blow for a game such as Medal of Honor Heroes 2, which is one of the only online compatible Wii shooters. We've contacted Electronic Arts on the issue, but as of this writing, they have yet to explain the omissions from the game.

source

sucks for aussies =/

sure am glad i'm a gamer in the states!

poor, poor, australia, i feel bad for you guys. I shed a tear for u guys

Well, my British copy didn't have the Wi-Fi logo on the front, but it still has it on the disk.

I hope for the sake of Australian gamers, that it does have Wifi.

I can't think of a decent reason why it would be taken out.

And I shall shed the skin of the person at EA who thought that we wouldn't want online play!!!!

Nope, Deanis got it last week, no wifi logo on the cover, it did however have things in the instruction booklet talking about online and all that....but there's really no point because there is no online!!! Would we be able to sue for false advertising...?

Last edited:
sooo dissapointed.. like the one game I've been waiting for and bang my dreams a shot down in flames!

I hate EA for this. They shall be obliterated as soon as I can find my keys for my nuclear sub...
Left them somewhere...

Well, there go the hopes and dreams of so many Aussies looking forward to kickin' the a$$es of soo many Americans.:mad5:

Yer there you go, I shouldve taken a photo of the booklet to use as evidence, but its clear that we dont have it, and they originally stated we did, I was cautious already as I didnt see the Wi-Fi logo on the back of case, but after being told by EA for months it was indeed 32 player online I bought it....obviously falsely advertised, I returned the game, apparently along with 3 other people who returned it the day after it was released, all for the same reason, EA had ripped us Aussies off, AND without an explanation to top it off, as far as I know there STILL hasnt been a report on why we missed out, and why EA never told us we wouldnt have the online, I'm sure this is a feature which wouldnt have been removed in one day, they would of thought it over and perhaps there were limtations with srtting up servers here. The excuses wouldnt interest me, I wanted a 32-player online experience with my Wii, EA promised but they didn't deliver, not only that they managed to deliver it to the rest of the world bar Australia and offered no explanation or proof as to a removal of this service from our version. The single-player experience alone is no where near enough to vailidise purchasing this game, it is typical WWII affair, with terrible graphics yet expected excellent controls, but the main focus must of been on the online mode, cos the campaign sucked of what I played of it, and the Multiplayer option wasnt even available, not that it didnt work, it just didnt exist.
Very bad business decision on EA's side, and one that I hope tarnishes its image in Australia, it is a ruthless company and one that is slowly losing market value and dominance, despite co-owning so many different developers and companies, and I'm sure it is due to business decisions such as this. Mistake right here, and as of now I shall not be buying anymore EA products, please to any Australians there, do NOT buy MOH;H2, show that Australia have a right to get the product promised to them, and the rest of the world, and that we dont deserve 2nd rate versions, limited from the online use promised to us months ago, and to those that HAVE bought it, return to the store you got it from, claiming fraudulant, misleading advertisement of a product, and hopefuly EA will change their tune, though I feel it may be too late....

Last edited:
Yer it DOES have instructions for online!, thats half the point!
It has 3 pages devoted to describing the multiplayer aspect of the game....which doesnt exist! Oh, and the games been out in Oz since Thursday...

Shocking! After the lengthy wait I'd be a bit pissed at the lack of online play!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back