Metroid Prime 3: Corruption In 2008?

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
Best Buy US have sent out a flurry of emails to customers who have preordered Metroid Prime 3: Corruption from their online store - notifying them the release date has changed from summer '07 to New Year's Eve.

Currently there has been no confirmation from Nintendo on this announcement but it does tie in with a passage from a recent interview with Reggie in which he told MTV.com:

"What I will tell you about 'Metroid' is that 'Metroid' will be fabulous," he said. "I think it's fair to say that all of us were disappointed with the sales of 'Metroid Prime 2,' [the game's developer] Retro included. The focus on 'Prime 3' is to make that the stellar game for a first-person experience on the platform. ... What that means is we're going to make sure it's perfect when we launch it. I think this is one where your readers — the fans of Nintendo, the core gamer — need to recognize that when we release it, it will be perfect. And if that's a little later than folks would have liked, I'm hoping they're going to be happy.

oooooooooooo delays = not good :(. But I suppose I would rather have a perfect game later, than an good game now.

Most Nintendo execs say it's coming this year. No one has ever even uttered 2008 to my knowledge.

Bryan_ said:
Most Nintendo execs say it's coming this year. No one has ever even uttered 2008 to my knowledge.

Not to be picky but it did say 'New Years Eve' and technically thats still 2007 :p

They SHOULD take their time cos the longer they take, the better the game. And Reggie had also said that they will bring Mutliplayer online as soon as they can, so i think that they would be trying to perfect the online multiplayer, here's hopping

Remember people: Take everything with two large grains of salt that is said by anyone else but Nintendo.

It's just a placeholder date in Best Buy's system. And besides, there's no way anyone would release a game on New Years Eve.

cookiemonsta11111 said:
They SHOULD take their time cos the longer they take, the better the game. And Reggie had also said that they will bring Mutliplayer online as soon as they can, so i think that they would be trying to perfect the online multiplayer, here's hopping

Good point, some-what evil delays at the time ment that TP was the best game ever.

Nice, I don't really care how much they take to make the game if what they say is true

go perfect metroid!

Ok this is another BS delay, If this rumor is true say bye bye Super Smash in 2007 and we wont see the game for over year. This may be the one thing I hate about Nintendo has too many delays in there games, where's Dragon Quest, where's DK Bongo's racers? The Sonic team in 1 YEAR made Sonic and the secret Rings meaning that Mario should be out NOW and Metriod should be out by June but Nintendo BS's us and makes us wait.

I think it's safe to expect that games like SSBB, MP3, and some of the other highly anticipated games are either coming out very late 07, or more likely, 08.
Don't be surprised when you hear it.

Thank god, im happy to hear this, Perfect game taking a little longer over a buggy game any day.

Back