Metroid Virgin

Ashwii00

Nintendo Loyalist
Dec 27, 2007
IN
Wii Online Code
3080-8261-2528-7278
Sorry for the strange title, I guess I needed a hook. Haha.

Anyway, I can't believe I am admitting this, but in my nearly 19 years of life and 16 years of gaming, I have not ONCE played a game from the Metroid series. Seeing as that I wish to go into the gaming industry/Nintendo company (that's what I'm in college for :yesnod: ), I really feel as though it is time to get UP TO DATE. So my question is, which Metroid game should I download for the best representationof the series? Or should I start from the first one and make my way up? Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated, and most likely repped : D

lol nice title. also cool that you're working towards getting your foot in the door for the game industry. good luck and never lose track of your dreams!

anyway, i'd have to suggest metroid fusion as your first title of the metroid series to play. it has an easy to understand storyline, amazing gameplay, and all that. also metroid zero mission is awesome as well, but i'd reccomend fusion first. both of these are for the GBA though, so hopefully you have one of those, if not get one and these two awesome games. if you're looking for old school metroid, definantly super metroid. when you're done with that, do prime 3 as your first in the prime series as it is the best of the three. then try the first one afterwards, then the 2nd. you can end this metroid nirvana by beating the NES metroid (even though zero mission is the same game) just to see what was so cool about samus taking off her power suit and revealing to the world her TRUE gender.

when your finished with all that, give the game boy (original game boy, the big fat one) metroid games a whirl (look em up on wikipedia, i forgot their names). they arn't that great but still good for one looking into the metroid franchise.

anyway, that'll get you started dude. have fun losing your virginity :lol:

yea, i lost my metroid virginity when i got MP3 for the Wii. mean, it rocked!!! LOL OMG im sorry, i jus cant stop laughing. such a funny ass title.

but yea, i guess jus get it. i got it, i beat it, and then i downloaded the old metroid games.

but if you want, get them by order. thats what i did

lordrrr said:
anyway, that'll get you started dude. have fun losing your virginity :lol:

haha thanks, but I am no dude, I am a dudette! Gasp! Samus irony!

LOL metriod virgin.. I was pretty much one too 'till I got mp3, then I went back and tried some other metriod games. :smilewinkgrin:

i lost my metroid virginity when I played Metroid Prime 1 for the gamecube when it first came out. I then played Metroid Prime 2: Echoes when it came out and I got Metroid Prime 3: Corruption yesterday ^_^"

Since those are the only 3 Metroid games I've played, I can only say that I think the MP3 is the best and then MP1 and then MP2

i think samus is a virgin too jk

anyway i started playing metroid with metroid prime 2

I too am a Metroid virgin. First off I want to reasure there is nothing wrong with us; it's simply a life choice. Seeing as it's your time to experiment, however, make sure you practice safe gaming. Be sure to securely fasten the Wii remote strap to your wrist and consider investing in a silicone cover. Also, make sure the game you're choosing is right for you, as choosing the wrong game could severly hinder your relationship with Metroid gaming.

I am personally saving myself for MP3. Good luck!

I would say begin with Super Metroid, play any other classics that interest you, play the 1st Gamecube Metroid, then play Corruption (Echoes, quite frankly, wasn't good at all IMO).

Good luck with your career. :)
mgbl3 said:
I too am a Metroid virgin. First off I want to reasure there is nothing wrong with us; it's simply a life choice. Seeing as it's your time to experiment, however, make sure you practice safe gaming. Be sure to securely fasten the Wii remote strap to your wrist and consider investing in a silicone cover. Also, make sure the game you're choosing is right for you, as choosing the wrong game could severly hinder your relationship with Metroid gaming.

I am personally saving myself for MP3. Good luck!
Haha, that was great.

Metroid Prime 3 was my first Metroid game , and helped me get into the other games. I can't believe I never played Metroid Prime 1 or 2 on the Gamecube. I would start with the ones on the Gamecube personally, newest ones that may appeal to you more now.

LemonManX said:
Super Metroid.

It is quite simply the greatest game created.

Really? I wasn't impressed. I've been gaming since Atari 2600, so its not like I have a terribly naive perspective on games. I just found the game boring and EXTREMELY repetitive.

Maybe it's a Nintendo fanboy thing...

I would start with Metroid Prime, the continue to Metroid 2 Echoes, then on to Corruption. All of these titles can be played on your Wii.

Back