moh:h2 vs call of duty 3

Juche

WiiChat Member
Nov 25, 2007
Which one is the better game. Call of duty 3 has more 4-5 start ratings from users on amazon as a % of ratings. MOH:H2 has reviews all over the place, but call of duty 3 has mostly 4-5.

however for me the big selling point is that you can play medal of honor 2 heroes online. So I can hook up my laptop on my wireless router onto the wii and play. So I am thinking moh:h2 is the better deal.

Are there other great 1st person shooters that let you play online with 32 players other than MOH:H2?

Juche said:
Which one is the better game. Call of duty 3 has more 4-5 start ratings from users on amazon as a % of ratings. MOH:H2 has reviews all over the place, but call of duty 3 has mostly 4-5.

I haven't played COD3, so take this with a grain of salt. It's almost doubtless that the COD3 campaign is better and more fleshed out than the MOHH2 campaign, which comes in even shorter than Vanguard's. On the other hand, the Wii version of COD3 came without even having offline multiplayer.

Of the MOHH2 reviews on Amazon, only one is actually bad at one star. That reviewer got very few actual facts correct in his review. The next 2 worst review were at 3 stars, and one of them (JJen) also got some important facts wrong. It's not the end of the world, nor does it completely discredit their dislike of the game, but it does call into question whether they really played it well enough to form an opinion before trying it.

Before buying I recommend you read all of IGN's previews and their review carefully. Know what you're getting. If you'd like a pretty fair list of complaints about the game's features (mostly details), see my post in this thread (I'm fortunzfavor there). For less fair lists, there are several complaint threads here on WiiChat, but they could enlighten you as to some details.

MOHH2 is a high quality title, but the team the dev'd it didn't have the sort of resources that COD3's multiplatform team did. What they did accomplish is pretty incredible, but it's far from perfect. If after reading those things and the IGN work, you still like it, then I recommend it over any Wii FPS.

COD3's controls are actually quite tight, but they don't have nearly the level of customizability as MOHH2, which caused some people to dislike them quite a bit. With a little work, you're sure to find a comfortable control scheme on MOHH2.

however for me the big selling point is that you can play medal of honor 2 heroes online. So I can hook up my laptop on my wireless router onto the wii and play. So I am thinking moh:h2 is the better deal.

Are there other great 1st person shooters that let you play online with 32 players other than MOH:H2?

MOHH2 is the only online FPS currently on Wii. It's the most comprehensive online experience of any genre on Wii, and it comes without friend codes. Sadly, it also comes with extremely limited communication options.

RS2 is expected to be online, but it hasn't been confirmed, it has no release date, and details about the experience haven't come out. If Wii makes it as a platform for Timesplitters 4, that will also likely have an online feature.

personal opinion:dont play call of duty 3 for Wii. it's got crap gimicky controls (pointing works fine but the other things dont work so well) and it's just a port. play theo riginal for ps2 or xbox or a next gen system.

MOD:h2 however, was developed for wii and though ive never played it id bet my life its a better deal, with online play and arcade mode and waht not.

MoH owns COD3. The controls are amazing, arcade mode's fun, there are very cool gestures with the wiimote and nunchuk, and most of all, 32 man online.

call of duty wins in campain mode, but metal of honur has 32 people online, 32 PEOPLE, plus Metal of Honur has support for the Wii Zapper. Thats cool.

cod3 for wii sucked bad. it was terrible. you can tell its a low budget port with controls worse than redsteel.

No comparison - go for MoH2. Better graphics, better overall game play. Oh, online too.

If your unsure, why not rent them ( if possible )?

The campaign mode in COD3 kicks the crap out of MOHH2, however the online play is a big selling point for MOHH2. However keep in mind that you can pick up COD3 for about 15 bucks used, so I think COD3 is more worth the money.

Get Moh:h2 first. Then if you want to, you can get COD3 if you feel the need for a solid single player campaign.

i don't like it b/c it takes forever to watch the dialogue i rented this after playing MOHH2 so i got used to just jumping right in each level but the fcact that COD2 doesn't let you skip the video sux IMO

CoD3 sucked period on all consoles when it was compared to CoD2, especially CoD4. Infinity Ward (Developers of CoD2 and CoD4) did not develop CoD3, so it was bad. Most people who got CoD3 still kept playing CoD2.

Back