More detailed online points system?

Eagles

WiiChat Member
Apr 24, 2007
Perth, Australia
Wii Online Code
5207-2685-9420-8549
I think their should be a more detailed online scoring system on MSC. Perhaps the loser get extra points in sudden death rather than the standard 1. I also think you should be rewarded if its a close game. Currently you get more points if you lose 245-1 than you do if you lose 1-0, that dosen't really seem right.

By no means am I bagging online play, I think it would be just more rewarding if the online points system was changed to better model your performance in online matches. Use this thread to post your thoughts on this subject. :yikes:

TBH i dont even know what the points are for. i have 13 DOH! :sick:

is it some sort of ranking system or something? what IS the main purpose of them? buy/unlock stadiums or something? i missed the concept of them.

The_Loose_Cannon said:

is it some sort of ranking system or something? what IS the main purpose of them? buy/unlock stadiums or something? i missed the concept of them.

:lol: The points are from the online ranked matches you play. The amount you have determines your position on the leaderboards.

Eagles said:
:lol: The points are from the online ranked matches you play. The amount you have determines your position on the leaderboards.

ah! that explains alot. well seeing as how ive only played 3 online battles so far, i can see why i am bottom of the barrel right now lol

The_Loose_Cannon said:
ah! that explains alot. well seeing as how ive only played 3 online battles so far, i can see why i am bottom of the barrel right now lol

Yeah you currently get 10 points for a win + a point for each goal you score, with a maximum of 20 points in total. For a loss you get 1 point + a point for each goal you score. I'm suggesting that you should get more points if you lose in sudden death or only just lose, if you catch my drift. :)

I don't pay attention to my points, But does it have to do with who I get matched up with? Because my score is really horrible (like 9w18l) and I get matched up with like some people who are 3w13l or something which seems fair for me lol But today they set me up with someone with like 114w30l..Is it just completely random or what?

LilWiiWii said:
I don't pay attention to my points, But does it have to do with who I get matched up with? Because my score is really horrible (like 9w18l) and I get matched up with like some people who are 3w13l or something which seems fair for me lol But today they set me up with someone with like 114w30l..Is it just completely random or what?

Theoretically you are matched with players about the same number of points as you. However if no one is online that closely matches your point level then some randomness is involved in finding an opponent.

There is nothing wrong with bagging online play, Im really displeased the way their rank system works. I think it sucks. Im playing people who are tons better than me and I haven't won a single match either

The_Loose_Cannon said:

points are for ranking, idk why they do points instead of win-lose, they should do both.

LilWiiWii said:

is random

Eagles said:
I think their should be a more detailed online scoring system on MSC. Perhaps the loser get extra points in sudden death rather than the standard 1. I also think you should be rewarded if its a close game. Currently you get more points if you lose 245-1 than you do if you lose 1-0, that dosen't really seem right.

By no means am I bagging online play, I think it would be just more rewarding if the online points system was changed to better model your performance in online matches. Use this thread to post your thoughts on this subject. :yikes:

i agree with u eagles, let's hope they will change that.

I agree with what Eagles is saying.

Also, they should give the winning team the WIN if the losing team disconnects because they are wimps. I don't understand how they can give the disconnectors a loss, yet refuse to give the true winners the win. It's just wrong.

otherwise, pretty smoothe as far as the point system goes.

edit: and i do agree that some sort of skill level selection process should be implemented, like, for example, to seperate players into groups. From 0-100 points should play each other, 101-250, 251-500, 500-1000, etc.

Sucks when you have to play against some dude online who can destroy a level 5 cpu.

Last edited:
does disconnect just counts as loss no point reduction?

yeah they should make rules like Tetris DS
winner still get points when their opponents disconnect

Back