More flexibility in sensor bar placement. WHEN Nintendo?

iceblade

WiiChat Member
Dec 27, 2006
OK, its been several months since the Wii launch and we still have in the sensor bar options only "Above TV" and "Below TV". I mean come on Nintendo give us more flexibility in setting the distance above and below tv. How difficult is that? I want to be able to set a custom distance of the sensor bar from the screen so I dont have to place the sensor bar directly above or below the TV. I got a projector setting and believe me this could come very handy. Anyone from big-N listening here? When do you guys think this will happen?

TortillaChip520 said:
well, most normal people put their sensor bar on top or bottom of their tv, considering that's what they are aiming at.
I'm talking about a projector setup where you can't put the sensor bar directly below the screen but it has to be some distance, let's say 20cm below the projection screen. Then you have to aim lower, so I'm asking for a settiing to compensate for this distance
d1nk said:
NEVER otherwise you would have to update sorry for being vage
Well the idea is for them to include this setting in a future firmware update

TortillaChip520 said:
how about a table? stack some books on it??
Well that's what I'm currently using but its really awkward... :frown2: plus at a certain height it gets in front of the projector light. This is not a problem if I move it faraway but then I start having range issues (I'm playing 7 metres far from the projection screen)

Last edited:
iceblade said:
Well that's what I'm currently using but its really awkward... :frown2: plus at a certain height it gets in front of the projector light. This is not a problem if I move it faraway but then I start having range issues (I'm playing 7 metres far from the projection screen)

Anything that uses IR is going to have range issues. As far as the height goes. Get a wireless sensor bar and a piece of masking tape.

@vagabond
Of course I already have a wireless sensor bar, and one with good range. Tape isn't going to help as I project to a wall which is 8 metres from the point I'm standing.
My house is made that way so I can either place the sensor bar far away directly below the screen (range issues) or near and some distance below (offset issues). I've seen other ppl mention the fact that the sensor bar options don't allow for flexibility because you can't set the distance of the sensor bar from the screen (only above and below).
So all I'm asking is for an option for this adjustment. Yes maybe i can turn my house upside down or demolish it and build it from scratch, but maybe Nintendo (yes you narrow minded FANBOYS, the all mighty Nintendo) can provide an option for this adjustment? Not aiming at someone in particular just got that "Nintendo has done everything right" sense again....
I think there is an option like this in Zelda already, there should be one in the Wii Settings

Last edited:
iceblade said:
@vagabond
Of course I already have a wireless sensor bar, and one with good range. Tape isn't going to help as I project to a wall which is 8 metres from the point I'm standing.
My house is made that way so I can either place the sensor bar far away directly below the screen (range issues) or near and some distance below (offset issues). I've seen other ppl mention the fact that the sensor bar options don't allow for flexibility because you can't set the distance of the sensor bar from the screen (only above and below).
So all I'm asking is for an option for this adjustment. Yes maybe i can turn my house upside down or demolish it and build it from scratch, but maybe Nintendo (yes you narrow minded FANBOYS, the all mighty Nintendo) can provide an option for this adjustment? Not aiming at someone in particular just got that "Nintendo has done everything right" sense again....
I think there is an option like this in Zelda already, there should be one in the Wii Settings

My point was to tape it on the wall high enough to where it doesn't matter. Granted it will be in the display but on a projection it shouldn't make that much difference.

And I have personally never heard anyone complain about not being able to adjust distance. You're problem isn't even so much distance as it is triangulation.

iceblade said:
I'm talking about a projector setup where you can't put the sensor bar directly below the screen but it has to be some distance, let's say 20cm below the projection screen. Then you have to aim lower, so I'm asking for a settiing to compensate for this distance

Well the idea is for them to include this setting in a future firmware update
Just make a little shelf right under the projector screen:thumbsup:

vagrant said:
Anything that uses IR is going to have range issues. As far as the height goes. Get a wireless sensor bar and a piece of masking tape.

+1
Just tape the sensor bar on the bottom of the projector screen.

qwertyasdf said:
+1
Just tape the sensor bar on the bottom of the projector screen.
Projection screen is far away from where I'm playing (8m) and i projector on a wall. I need to place it somewhere in the middle but at a height lower than directly below the screen

Back