More Goldeneye Questions: What Kind of Controls do You Use?

ngrodamus

WiiChat Member
Nov 6, 2010
Denver
Wii Remote plus Nunchuck

Classic Controller Plus

Game Cube Controller

or Wii Zapper?

I use the Wii Zapper, and this has really been my first game using the zapper and its been a rough experience. I've tried adjusting the cursor settings over and over but no combination seems to work out. I've read online explanations that its because the Wii Remote acts more like a mouse than a traditional light gun, thusly not offering 1:1 detection. I guess this not only affects the aiming but the turning as well when using the Zapper. I can only assume this affects the Wii Remote plus Nunchuck control style too.

But why play this game with a classic controller or game cube controller? I've tried it, and its soooo much easier and responsive to play, but in the middle I ask myself "Why?". The only thing that warrants this game's superiority to all Bond's on the PS2 is the motion controls of the Wii. Without use of the motion controls, this might as well be for PS2, and a game of 2003.

So I want to know, what do you use when playing GE? And how does it shape your experience?

I use WiiMote and Nunchuck. I agree, it is hard to get the sensitivity right and I ask the same thing with the other controller options. Why play this game with a controller when it is only unique for the WiiMote and Zapper. Might as well go play MW2 or BO, or Bad Company 2 in my case, on the 360 or PS3 if you won't play with the Motion controllers.

Last edited:
Standard out of the box. Changed the sensitivity to the 2nd or 3rd option so you can turn around faster, etc, but that's it.

Tried with a Classic controller for a little, just doesn't let you do everything as easily I think. For example, you need to move a thumb from your 'looking' joystick to run. I hope you want to run in a straight line!

-IGGUS

i dont have a classic controller or classic controller pro so i play it with the wii mote + nunchuck and it feels good enough, just like COD MW reflex and Conduit. I would like to try it with the classic controller pro but i guess the motion controllers is what makes it unique... the gameplay is all that matters in the wii since the graphics arent that good even though goldeneye 007 has pretty enchanced graphics for the wii

Playing any FPS on the wii with the zapper is insanely tedious. You will never be as good as the people using the classic controller so why play?

Just because it has the motion control doesn't mean that's the only reason to play or the only way you should play it

I haven't played with the zapper since Modern Warfare and I would never recommend it to anyone. I promise if you use the zapper I would crush you. It's not even worth the effort

Well since this post I've purchased the Nyko Perfect Shot and couldn't be happier. In fact I feel superior to the players who use the Classic Controller. I go by youmustbetom or callmewiskas online. I don't know my friend code but I shall find it and post them.

Well since this post I've purchased the Nyko Perfect Shot and couldn't be happier. In fact I feel superior to the players who use the Classic Controller. I go by youmustbetom or callmewiskas online. I don't know my friend code but I shall find it and post them.

I've played you as callmewiskas. You're not superior. lol

I play with Wiimote Nunchuck...Call of Duty is the only game to get Zapper controls right because they use the "double tap down" to crouch and the "twist + Z" to reload. When will these developers learn, if your making a Wii Zapper control scheme, you can't use any button on the wii-mote except B...When I looked at the Zapper controls for Goldeneye and saw that you crouch with down on the D-Pad. I immediately shook my head and never tried it.

The Classic Controller feels nice, but after playing shooters for close to 5 years now with the Wiimote and Nunchuck it feels more natural to me now.

Playing any FPS on the wii with the zapper is insanely tedious. You will never be as good as the people using the classic controller so why play?

Just because it has the motion control doesn't mean that's the only reason to play or the only way you should play it

I haven't played with the zapper since Modern Warfare and I would never recommend it to anyone. I promise if you use the zapper I would crush you. It's not even worth the effort
Hey Merk, sorry but I would have to disagree. The wii remote allows you so many customizations with the dead zone and turning speed and ADS dead zone and turning speed. Instead of having to completely center yourself onto your target, with the wii zapper you can point it to wherever you want within your dead zone and shoot. Now, I am not in any way saying I could take you down Zapper vs. Remote, I am just saying, dont knock it.

EDIT: Sorry, I use the wii remote + nunchuck, not wii zapper. That thing is horrible.

I use the standard Wiimote and Nunchuck. I tried the zapper because initially, not having much wii experience, I liked the idea of combining them tommy-gun-style. But couldn't get the settings right, it seemed to slow.

I also wanted to make sure that if I played it at a mates I could still kick ass because I could guarantee the standard controls...

One question for you guys though, anyone find that if they are playing online and need to put the controls down for a quick second (toilet break or something) that it sometimes quits the game? Real pain.

i bought the zapper. the one that you hold like a rifle and it had trigger access to a/b buttoms so it was the best gun besides the one that have the built in controller. i used it twice sold it on craigslist next day

wii mote + nunchuck is the best imo

wii + nunchuk allows for the best aiming imo, but I use the gamecube controller because I'm cheap and I don't know where my rechargable batteries are. I'd use the classic controller pro, but that also requires batteries. D:

Tragic.

Back