Mr. Kutaragi retires

Damn was just about to post this and saw yours lol :p

Yeah, i was going to say the same thing anyway..

But do you guys think this will affect Playstation in anyway? if so how?

^^ before i could answer u i need to know what this man does.
Did he design all these consoles?

Haha the article stated that he was the CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment man, all you had to do was read it. It will be interesting to see how this will affect the PS3, but i think overall it will change the next console that sony puts out a lot more.

"i wonder why he left"

Because he was the CEO and PS3 isn't selling as expected.
Sony is realizing that it's the strategy for going after the traditional gamer has hit a road block.

The reason why he left (This is my opinion) is probaly because he thought that the ps3 was a total disaster, im not saying that it is but as of right now, did you guys know that score between wii and ps3 is 7:1, VERY SHOCKING HUH!!!
Well all im saying is that he probaly didnt want to be there when the ps3 had to take its fall, which im sure just couldnt happen like that, but still probaly who knows, he did something wrong and what that did was make it have bad sells, maybe he shouldnt have put in blueray, he could of waited a year or two, and put it in!!! I dont know but that could probaly be the reason why he left... And if he have left which he did, it most have been for a good reason!!

I dont think so, I believe he had conflicting ideas with certain other key members of sony. In the article he said he felt it was time for the younger generation to take over and that he wants to pursue other avenues.

In the end we can never really know, but unless shown otherwise, we will have to take his word for it. I dont think it has to do with the PS3 sales.

Its going to be funny when every one gets shut up when the exclusives start showing up and the PS3 is in high demand. Just watch.

I totally agree with ur last comment Shiftfallout "Its going to be funny when every one gets shut up when the exclusives start showing up and the PS3 is in high demand. Just watch." Its been really hard for me to choose between the PS3 and 360. The only reason i really want to get a 360 is so i will be able to play Halo 3 when it comes out. I also think about the future of the PS3 and how amazing it will be. I guess only time will tell huh?

Shiftfallout said:
I dont think so, I believe he had conflicting ideas with certain other key members of sony. In the article he said he felt it was time for the younger generation to take over and that he wants to pursue other avenues.

In the end we can never really know, but unless shown otherwise, we will have to take his word for it. I dont think it has to do with the PS3 sales.

Its going to be funny when every one gets shut up when the exclusives start showing up and the PS3 is in high demand. Just watch.
No doubt that it will have exclusives, i mean look at it, sony did try to make the ps3 into a super-computer, and look at what they made!!! Its a very good system, but ohh soo costly, your right shift it will have many exclusives. But that doesnt change the fact that some of those exclusives might come trailing to the xbox360, remember what happened to Assassins Creed and Mercenaries, they were once ps3 exclusives, but all of a sudden they came to xbox360 with a treat in hand, just because sony didnt put any responsibility to keep the exclusives!!! Lets just hope none of this crap happens again, cause if it does, people that have a 360 and want a ps3 game, but their 360 already are gonna forget about that ps3 game and get it on the 360!!! I guess thats how the game cycle rolls around!!

I don't get the big deal with exclusives it will affect the sales of a system but not the expierience of the people who own it

It is very sad to see Mr. Kutaragi go. He fought diligently for the Playstation brand and single-handedly established the reputable gaming division within Sony. :worship:

On a semi-related note, Mr. Iwata of Nintendo has shown interest in working along side of Mr. Kutaragi.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=16987

I doubt anything will come from these remarks:he was more than likely just paying respect to an icon. However, Mr. Kutaragi has partnered with Nintendo in the past, during the SNES days, to develop a chip behind Sony's back... so there is a slight ray of hope :ihih: :devil:

Back