My Review of Madden 2008

Wiitime

the guy below- HES BACK!!
Oct 15, 2006
Wii Online Code
1405-1695-6567-5492
Got the game this afternoon. Right know, i dont like it. Can that change-Yes, will it- Probably..... First, the controls are similar some knew things but overall its the same. Graphics are differnt, there OK, i think i like 07 better. When i throw the ball, it always seems to lob and not throw it hard. Kicking is easier.I cant start a Franchise because everytime i try too, it says please connect nunchuck, its been connected and works but it still says that and i even tried a differnt wiimote. Thats a huge problem. I have read other people are having problems with franchise saying that it doesnt save and boots them to the main menu. There is construction outside my house so my internet isnt as good, but it seems fine. When i go onto Ea nation, it lags, when i click A to start a game, it stalls. Then the farthest i have gone is to when it shows the field in the game. Everytime it says Connection with Opponet lost. A lot of people are getting that too. This is a huge dissapointment to me. I was expecting a lot more. IF Ea fixes the online and its better, then i will be happy. I dont know what to do about Franchise, might have to try to exchange or something, no idea. I would love EA to recall all Madden 2008 for the wiis and work on them and fix them up. So for know, i say dont buy this game. Give it some time. Get some more reviews. Ill keep this updated if online starts to work or if i can start a franchise.

I havnt had the problems with the franchise mode, but the online has not worked for me. It keeps saying "EA has lost connection want to reconnect"? I have played some of a game online, but we lost connection. It must have been my opponent b/c it said I can keep playing against cp. I havnt successfully completed an online game. I havnt tried much yet either. Ill add some stuff as well as I play.

well the franchise worked, but i didnt do anything with it yet... i got online played about 1 quarter up 3-0 then connection was lost. Not sure if it was me or opponet. Online was good, wasnt lagging. Dissapointed to see you cant challenge calls online or use EA messenger during a game... But if online works well its good. Played a part of a game vs computer. Getting used to it. Graphics are OK, some times controls are annoying. But hopefully, it will get better.

i like it but have not tried playin online yet...dont know y but i seem to be better at it on wii then on ps2 i find tthe controls easyer and more natural but thats jus me

im curious how this game was able to be released. the more reviews i read, the more i agree. Online is unplayable, constant lag, disconnections. Franchise problems. I have experienced them yet but i hear that it doesnt save, it boots you to the main menu. There are problems when hiking and playing a game. I hope EA releases a patch and they should. Im sure the wii Madden is having the most problems and i hope they release a patch that gives updates and fixes all of these problems.

I'm sorry but this sounds like every EA game in the last 10 years. Basically it's par for the course from what I'm reading.

i had 05 i think for gamecube and 06. Then 07 for the wii and honestly loved them all. But you would think that 08 would amazing. They did so well with 07 and the controls but instead they did horrible.

you guys gotta remember this is the first madden online wii game, so it'll take time to get it perfect for everyone

the only problem i have is online is lagging

i am so annoyed. the worst part is, nothing will be done!

I don't like it

I haven't tried playing online but it is just to similar to '07 and I HATE how they startusing the 1 button you have to reach all the way down there in a split second! but I do like how they put spin on A other then that gameplay is the same except for the modes like family play and online mode..... but I don't see a differents in graphics

This is already out?, Sweet.
Despite what has been said I will still rent this game, how they Bengals in that game? :lol:

I hate how the letter will block your view. For example, if the running back is part of a passing play, the A button will pop up when u hike. I just dont know why they did all those mini games and didnt perfect the core part of the game. Its like every wii game is so focused on mini games and family that they miss the mark.

Yeah, i noticed the letter "A" button icon blocking the view sometimes. Overall though, the game is entertaining and fun. The online play is pretty fun as long as you have a decent connection. :thumbsup: It is definitely worth picking up just even for the fact you can play online multiplayer mode now. Awesome !! Controls take some getting used to, but then again, I never purchased Madden 07 for the Wii, just 360.
If you picked up Madden 08 and wanna play, send me a message.

Last edited:
Back